Job description / Role
Operating in the UAE for over 50 years, CBD manages the financial requirements of some of the largest corporates and businesses operating in the country, driving the UAE economy. Over the years, CBD has transformed into a progressive and modern banking institution winning multiple awards for its digital initiatives, credit cards, bank accounts, mobile app features and services.
CBD has been recognized as the number one bank in the UAE on the Forbes list of The World's Best Banks 2022.
As we continue to build upon our successes, we are looking for ambitious individuals who are passionate about the banking and finance industry and the markets in which CBD operates. Just as important to us is your ability to demonstrate a talent for dealing with people - your colleagues and our customers - and delivering service that really goes the extra mile.
The purpose of the job is to carry end-to-end responsibility in overseeing the bank's CBDC strategy. This includes CBDC adoption plans, CBD system design and implementation, and CBDC monitoring. The purpose of the role includes Promote accessible, safe, and efficient systems to facilitate CBDC and to advise the bank's C-Suite on the latest trends and issues on the CBDC.
• Promote accessible, safe, and efficient systems to facilitate CBDC
• Design and implement systems critical to CBDC
• Understand the cost and benefits of the potential technologies for CBDC
• Engages directly with management, other developers on the team, development operations teams, and vendors to ensure that the Bank is well-positioned to design, develop, and implement technology to support a CBDC
• Proactively apply and evolve best practices related to the state-of-the-art Central Bank Digital Currency technology
• Apply modern development standards and principals, security standards, usability design standards as appropriate
• Provide direction, training, and support for platform/product operations
• Minimum of a bachelor's degree
• Background in Banking/Risk professional designation preferred
• Experience in designing and maintaining digital payments, cryptocurrencies and Central Bank Digital Currencies.
• Knowledge of the cloud key management and crypto services and ability to provide hands-on design, solutions, and support to technical project teams
• Hands-on programming experience.
• Strong grasp of the fundamentals of money, banking, payments, finance, and related concepts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to lead others.
• Analytical and review skills with the ability to draw the correct conclusions from reviews
• Time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
• Understand and ensure compliance with all relevant internal and external rules, regulations and procedures that apply to the conduct of the business/function
• Ability to work professionally with various levels of staff and management, strong teamwork
• Sound judgment, keen sense of urgency and initiative, and high level of professional and personal integrity
• Good team player, with strong interpersonal skills
• A skilled communicator with the ability to communicate complex issues in a simple, yet impactful manner
• Curious and innovative, balanced with a dose of action-oriented pragmatism
• Logical thinker, with strong business planning and strategic thinking skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.