Job description / Role
Brief Description Detailed Description
• To manage and track materials for broadcast (e.g.production, short form, acquisition and live broadcast). Coordinate withPlanning Team, Acquisitions Departments (Western, Arabic and Non-Westerndepartment) on the monthly channel grids.
• Liaise with BM (Promotions and Continuity) for material andgrid timings.
• Coordinate with the digital team on all content delivery andmake sure digital have access to the required content for the online platform.
• Act as information conduit for all support departments(including Brand Management, Digital, etc.)
• Coordinate with Editors, Planning, Scheduling, MCR and TCRteam to ensure smooth broadcast of the channel
• Coordinate with production/third-party companies fortechnical specifications, file format and delivery deadlines of programs.
• Insert all series and programs’ metadata at the timeof deal creation and pass all entries through the metadata team toensure their accuracy.
• Update BCM notes with all details, for reliable referencingfor the entire Group.
• Coordinating with acquisitions and Ingesting all media intoDalet while preforming a 3-point check to validate the media suitabilitybefore it has been published to other departments.
• Request replacements for corrupted and damaged files fromthe supplier.
• Ensure workflow of materials are strictly monitored
• Set the annual operational budget and keep track of it(budget includes subtitling, dubbing, file delivery charges, shipmentcharges, etc.)
• Liaise with distributors, subtitling & dubbing companieson supply of materials in time for transmission
• Handle all relationships with vendors, dubbing andsubtitling companies.
• Make sure all material goes through Editorial review beforeit goes on air.
• Receive the ordered subtitling/audio files and place them intheir appropriate folders, notify Editorial to create a TX copy usingERM giving them a deadline ahead of its scheduled day.
• Create and update a daily missing list for the transmissionschedules of the Channel.
• Ensure all produced and acquired content available fortransmission in advance as per the required timeline
• Coordinate with transmission for the missing items andalways be available to answer questions
• Track the process with finance /procurement of anypayables/receivables to third parties.
• Assist in preparation of actual and projected costs forquarter review presentation of the Channel Manager.
• Review and Summarize Channel budget and payments.
• Monitor Finance Write-off/Rejected programs.
• Create and process Commissioning Agreements, Deal Memos& Agreement Contracts.
• Assist Editorial and requests related to other channels andcoordinate with other channels coordinators to manage the respectivechannels while either is on leave.
• Bachelor Degree in Mass Communication & Media
• Responsible and reliable
• Able to work long shift hours and weekends
• Able to work accurately and reliably in a high-volume environment
• Have a strong service ethic along with good communication skills
• Strong IT skills
• Good command in Hindi & English
• Ability to function in a team
• Multitask between different job responsibilities
• Apt planning skills to ensure tasks are covered ahead of deadlines
• Good problem solving capabilities
About the Company
MBC Group is the largest satellite TV and radio network in the Middle East based in Dubai Media City. It broadcasts a portfolio of Arabic and Western entertainment channels; as well as managing the Al Arabiya news channel and New Media platforms. The group has expanded significantly in the last several years moving from one TV and radio channel to ten TV, four radio channels and a range of broadcast and news service companies. Additionally the Group operates a number of successful websites and is aggressively expanding its internet and multiplatform operations.
Quality Control Specialist
Customer Support Executive
A Leading Multi-Disciplinary Planning and Design Firm in UAE