Job description / Role
Our client, a leading women and children’s specialty hospital is currently looking for a Charge Midwife/Midwife Manager – Post Natal to be based in Abu Dhabi. The roles and responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Manage the midwives’ tasks and their schedules during your shift
- Delegate the shift’s tasks to all of the midwives in the unit and coordinate with physicians who might need assistance
- Perform gynecological examinations
- Educate patients on health, nutrition, and family planning
- Take patient vital signs
- Perform tests to obtain information about patients’ medical conditions
- Counsel expectant mothers on birthing plans, including hospital care and other options
- Provide emotional care for mothers during birth
- Arrange prenatal planning and care for mothers
- Prepare for birthing by following all health and safety standards
- Coach mother through the birthing process
- Perform deliveries and assist caesareans
- Tend to the health and well-being of both the baby and mother during the process
- Assist surgeons and physicians in caring for the mother during complicated births
- Provide care for mothers and newborns after birth
- Weigh and measure newborns
- Monitor the patient’s vital signs and heart rate during birth
- Study patient history and health assessments
- Communicate stages of birth to family members
- Explain and demonstrate breastfeeding techniques
- Monitor patient postpartum and be available for questions or concerns
- Participate in research and further educational opportunities
- Perform CPR or other emergency measures if needed
To be considered in this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Midwifery from an Accredited School of Nursing/University OR Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with additional Midwifery qualification
- At least 7-10 years as a Registered Midwife and at least 8-12 years in a leading role in a large hospital with relevant experience.
- Willing to work 48 hours per week
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Compassionate and caring for patients
- Able to work in an intense, concentrated environment
- Calm and cool-headed with a positive attitude
- Able to work in nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Good leadership skills; able to mentor and educate
- Must be willing to work in Abu Dhabi
Candidates outside UAE are welcome to apply.
All applications should be sent with a copy of your professional photograph along with the CV in word format.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.