Job description / Role
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
Parsons is the Project Consultant for the construction supervision of a large prestigious road & infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi. The Work scope comprises roads, infrastructure and street scape.
The Senior Resident Engineer will represent the consultant (PIL) on the project and will administer the operational functions of the day-to-day activities of the construction supervision on the project He will supervise the work of the members of the construction supervision team to ensure that the project will be completed as per the contract.
• To oversee the Resident Engineers in their delegated roles/duties/responsibilities as the Engineer.
• Overall leadership of the construction supervision team.
• Direct supervision and coordination of the construction works to achieve construction in accordance with the Contract Documents.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction supervision team namely, the Resident Engineers, Assistant Resident Engineers, Engineers (Planning, Safety, Utility, Materials) Inspectors, Quantity Surveyors, Surveyors, Technicians and Administration Staff.
• Manage construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations.
• Maintain awareness of the financial status of all contracts in the Program.
• Monitor progress against accepted construction schedule and review the Contractor’s progress reports. Asses the progress and inform the Employer in case of delay.
• Report to the Construction Director actual progress against planned progress and cost objectives approved by the Employer.
• Manage the change procedure in agreement with the Employer and issue properly authorized instructions to the Contractor, as appropriate.
• Provide claims review/analysis support, including dispute resolution.
• Identify specific problems that have occurred, and the proposed solutions by the Contractors, as appropriate.
• Participate in contract close-out activities.
• Coordinate with all concerned parties on all construction (and design) issues.
• Chair the progress meetings with the Employer and report on issues, as necessary.
• Report issues, status and progress of works on site.
• Monitor the Contractor’s performance.
• Monitor concerned Authority/Agency approvals.
• Monitor and report on deficiencies related to planned resources.
• Review Contractor’s progress reports.
• Assess progress on site and prepare reports to be submitted to the Employer.
• Coordinate (as necessary) all utility matters between contractors and all concerned Authorities/Agencies.
• Set and monitor duration of submittal review and approval of shop drawings, material submittals, etc.
• Monitor and manage the as-built records.
• Provide final approval to Works and arrange handover and manage the contract close out activities.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project.
• Fully accountable and responsible for ensuring the Project Safety Plan (PSP) is in place and functioning from the beginning of the project; participates in PSP development. Ensures that all Parsons Project based employees work safely and in accordance with the PSP.
• Ensure that all daily diaries are maintained.
• Check and verify the information in the Contractor’s daily report including all the resources (labour, equipment and materials).
• Report back as necessary to the Construction Director.
• Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from an internationally recognized accredited University. Western educated candidates are desired.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations.
• Minimum twenty (20) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major road & utility projects of complex nature.
• Large road & infrastructure project experience in Middle East is preferred.
• Proven ability to perform independently and work in a large multi-discipline team.
• Must be very organized and have effective problem solving, leadership and negotiation skills.
• Qualified professional who can manage and coordinate specialized activity, discipline or team of moderate size and complexity.
• Leads in the formulation of advanced technical concepts.
• Provides specialist services in support of project requirements.
• Independently performs highly complex professional assignments demanding contributions calling for the application of specialized principles.
• Proven ability to perform in a middle management capacity.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.