Job description / Role
Chef de cuisine Sayad (Preferably Spanish of Portugues)
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel.
Chef de Cuisine - Sayad (Seafood Restaurant)
Under the supervision of the Executive Sous Chef / Deputy Executive Chef.
- In charge of an individual outlet
- Develops and implements the menus
- Sets culinary guidelines for respective outlet
- Is in charge of a outlet operation
- Drives hygiene and HACCP programs
- Executes all administrative duties
- Maintains all recipes
- Ensures maintenance of established standards
- Plans and oversees staff training activities
- Develops respective kitchen staff
- Any other duties, which may be assigned to you from time to time as directed by your Supervisor or Manager.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Post graduate and / or Hotel Management School and/ or completed Apprenticeship with Diploma
- Minimum of 3 years in a similar position in a high volume, internationally recognized luxury hotel chain or food and beverage establishment.
- Proficient in English communication
- Knowledge in computer based programs
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.