Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago.
This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
The property is set to open in the fourth quarter of 2021.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
If you are looking for a dynamic environment for growth, please join us as Chef de Cuisine - In Room Dining
To maintain a high standard of all food preparation, service and hygiene in their respective Kitchens, according to the standards required by the management.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure consistency and highest quality in food taste, temperature and presentation
- Ensure the quality and cleanliness of all food displays with maximum creativity
- Coordinate all Restaurant / Banquet / food production, and all specific duties to chefs and other staff under his/her supervision
- Check all set-ups for restaurant and banquet functions. Responsible for the correct timing during service and that food served is always of the highest standards
- Monitor and implement portion control established with the recipe cards and the butcher test; minimise waste and spoilage
- Check stores and refrigerators and oversee proper storage and recycling of leftovers
- Ensure effective communication among the kitchens and with other departments
- Work closely with receiving and storeroom to ensure received goods meet Hotel's quality standards specifications
- Supervise food tasting sessions and guide chefs for new menu implementation
- Attend meetings with Executive Chef to discuss future business strategy and review ongoing action plan progress, and other departmental meetings as required
- Update menu recipe cards and menu planning for promotions
- Conduct staff training and on-the-job training on kitchen skills and new menu items
- Guide employee orientation for new hires
- Ensure staff adhere to hotel regulations re: fire, safety and emergency procedures
- Maintain proper controls over purchase orders and requisitions
- Monitor monthly food inventory turnover and slow moving items
- Ensure purchasing, receiving and all storage are efficiently handled
- Review food cost analysis on a daily basis to in line with budget and forecast
Hygiene and Sanitation
- Follow HACCP guidelines and ensure that staff comply with HACCP guidelines
- Works closely with Chief Steward to monitor and ensure that all cleaning is properly conducted and according to schedule
Staffing / Human Relations
- Recommend promotions, transfers of staff to various outlets for Executive Chef approval
- Monitor staff schedules for the assigned outlets
- Conduct section / departmental meetings and staff daily briefings
- Manage staff appraisal process
- Responsible for proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned F&B outlets
- Assign specific duties to all employees, instruct them in their work and communicate with Executive Chef on all aspects of the kitchen management
- Communicate with the Executive Chef on guest-related activities and comments, solving any problems directly, efficiently and effectively to the best of his/her judgment
- Attend all meetings which fall under his/her jurisdiction, follow directives given and advises Executive Chef on topics of importance
- Recommend to Executive Chef changes in kitchen equipment and organizational structure and relays any recommendations from the rest of the kitchen brigade
- Keep ahead of trade practices in the food service industry through trade magazines, competitive surveys and other aids
- Prevent the usage of spoiled or contaminated products in any phase of food preparation and prevent unwell employees from taking part in the preparation or handling of food
- Build guest loyalty and develop professional relationships with regular guests
- Continually improve product and obtain feedback from guest and patrons
- Physically fit
- Oral and written fluency in English
- Knowledge of other languages and basic understanding of local language preferred
- Must have strong culinary experience (international preferred)
- Excellent leadership & supervisory skills with a "hands-on" approach
- Positive attitude and high energy level
- Motivator & self starter; displays initiative & creativity
- Team player and team builder
- Flexible & adaptable to different working locations
- Finance knowledge
- In-depth culinary knowledge
- Completed an internationally recognized apprenticeship, culinary school or certified training program
- Apprenticeship or any other culinary certificate/diploma an advantage
- Minimum 12 year experience in culinary field with at least 5 years experience in an International Class Hotel or high volume operations of a 5-star caliber
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.