Job description / Role
Alpha Flight Group Limited is a leading provider of innovative catering and retail services at several international airports. Alpha Flight Services UAE LLC is a dynamic food service company employing 500 employees, operating both business to business services as well as a wide range of generic branded consumer food and beverage outlets. This company is based at Sharjah International Airport.
We currently have an exciting opportunity that has become available for an experienced and qualified Chef de Partie to join our successful business.
Reporting to the production manager. The successful candidate will be controlling, supervising the kitchen operations of his/her section and insuring that procedures and policies are followed and up to standard at all times.
• Responsibility for the Kitchen operation in the absence of the Production Manager.
• To assist with the training, induction and development of the kitchen employees when required.
• To control wastage and assist in maintaining food costs.
• To ensure that in the preparation and presentation of food, highest standards are maintained at all times.
• To keep the Production Manager appraised of any problems within the Kitchen. These would include staff grievance, Health & Safety, equipment, and any other areas related to the Kitchen organization.
• To work and enhance in the existing relationship between the Operations, Outlets and the Kitchen.
• To be fully conversant with the menu and adaptable with continual changes to ensure that the menu is kept in line with customer demands and Company standards.
• To ensure that the correct ingredients are used as specified by the Production Manager and to ensure quality is maintained at all times.
• To assist the Production Manager to effectively achieve and identify with a concise repertoire of dishes.
• To constantly develop the finest selection of dishes that compromise the menus that the Company offer in conjunction with the standards laid by the Company.
• Responsible for all dishes served in your section.
• To attend any necessary training sessions or meetings.
• To make sure that Company Policy and Departmental Objectives are followed and utilized at all times.
• To ensure that all appliances, fixtures and fittings are safe and work in accordance with Health & Safety regulations.
• Degree in Culinary Art or equivalent professional qualification.
• Health and safety and food hygiene certificates / HACCP.
• Minimum Previous experience of 5 years in a similar position in airline catering, hotels, restaurants or any other food industry field.
• Previous experience in management role in co-ordination of a kitchen team.
• Good interpersonal skills with both kitchen, front of house staff and management.
• Word, Excel and Outlook IT skills to basic level.
About the Company
Making Travel Special is about knowing what customers want. We recognise that by serving our customers, we're also serving their customers. That's why we talk about the promises our customers make. In this way, we delight our customers and their passengers, even as we continue to challenge ourselves to become the most admired provider in the world.
We treat customers like they are our guests. And because they expect food to be good and wholesome, we maintain the highest global quality assurance standards. What's more, our teams of experienced, dedicated professionals go the extra mile to provide innovative, efficient and reliable services for every single one of them.
Over the years, we've become a global player. In the coming decades, we'll continue to transform our industry by staying true to our core values.