Job description / Role
Black & Grey HR is hiring for a growing online food services company in UAE. Our client is looking to hire a Chef de Partie Pastry who will be creating new and exciting desserts to renew our menus and engage the interest of customers.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies, bread, eclair, croissant, tarts, etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Decorate pastries using different icings, toppings, etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar, etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Check the quality of material and condition of equipment and devices used for cooking
- Identify staffing needs and help recruit and train personnel
- Maintain a lean and orderly cooking station and adhere to health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Pastry Chef, baker or relevant role
- Great attention to detail and creativity
- Organizing and leadership skills
- Willingness to replenish professional knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of sanitation principles, food preparation, and baking techniques, and nutrition
- Working knowledge of baking with ingredient limitations (pastries that are gluten-free, sugarless, etc.)
- Certificate in culinary arts, pastry-making, baking, or relevant field
About the Company
Black & Grey HR is a talent acquisition company that can redefine the concept of ‘experience’ in the recruitment process & build great employer brands. Our client portfolio spans Fortune 500's, leading local organizations, small and medium-sized enterprises in the Middle East.
We understand that technological advancements, including mobile internet, social media, automation and artificial intelligence, are reshaping the world we live and work in. Our humanized yet progressive recruitment and selection process that redefines the way you look at ‘experience’ in the recruitment process increases the probability of hiring a great applicant & building a great employer brand, regardless of the challenges.
We believe most human resource issues are not black & white; people have wonderful variables and aspirations at every stage of their career. To strike the right balance and effectively manage the grey areas of all human interaction, we invest time and effort to truly understand our candidates and clients to deliver the right solutions using insights, intellect and a lot of compassion.