This position is closed or expired.
See other Chief Accountant jobs in UAE
As head of the accounts for two steel companies the following details are the specific responsibilities for this role:
• Handling the entire accounting activities up to finalization of accounts and audit
• Consolidation of accounts for the two companies.
• Preparation and presentation of monthly & quarterly Financial statements to the management on time
• Reviewing reconciliations of Bank statement, Account payable and Account receivable periodically and taking corrective action if any discrepancies found
• Preparing and review budget, revenue, expense, payroll entries, invoices, and other accounting documents.
• Provides financial expertise to internal management to assist them in various strategic and operating decisions
• Liaison work with internal and external auditors, banks and regulatory agencies.
• Ensures all payments to suppliers, staff, and other external parties are made according to company policies and procedures
• Analyze revenue and expenditure trends and recommend appropriate budget levels, and ensure expenditure control.
• Involves in preparation of Annual Budget and strategy document.
• Participates in the development of the Finance Department and operational budgets, as appropriate.
• Ensures control of stock through proper system review
• Ensuring booking of expenditure to the correct business area and cost centre
• Credit control management
• Compliance to all policies, guidelines and DOA.
• Providing support to management in Growth.
• Involved in all improvement initiatives
Specific skill required for this role
• Professional accounting qualification.
• Strong knowledge in Steel business and SAP is a must.
• Must be able to Multi-task and handle heavy workload effectively.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interface with personnel at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
• Proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and PC skills
About the Company
The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group was founded by the Chairman of the Group, H.E. Easa Saleh Al Gurg CBE in 1960, with the acquisition of the Grundig franchise followed by the British American Tobacco agency.
Today, the Group is associated with a number of world renowned companies through joint ventures, franchises and other marketing arrangement. The Group’s list of principals and joint venture partners includes Unilever, Siemens, Dunlop, Burmah Castrol, Grundig, Osram, British American Tobacco and ICI amongst others. The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group business’ extends to three main verticals namely:
• Trading – Mac Al Gurg, Scientechnic, Al Semsam, Technical & Trading LLC. Target Auto Services, Al Gurg Tires (Dunlop), Batteries and Accessories. • Retail – ID Design, United Colors of Benetton & Sisley, Al Gurg Stationery, OFIS, Interiors and Better life. • Manufacturing – Al Gurg Building Services, Gulf Engineering Industry, Gulf Metal Foundry, Al Gurg Electronics and Al Mashrabia Furniture.
Additionally, the Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group’s portfolio includes the Al Gurg Real Estate Division that constitutes one of the largest private property based enterprise in the UAE.
The Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group started its journey more than 50 years ago and is now a large corporate enterprise comprising of 23 businesses with over 3,000 committed employees. The Group maintains a strong focus on employee development and has formed an in-house Training and Development Centre dedicated to enhancing employee skill sets.
At Easa Saleh Al Gurg (ESAG), we stand tall as an employer of choice for people who bring intense passion and innovative ideas to work every day. We believe there is only one way to win a leadership position: through dedication and hard work. We aim to be the best choice for most customers and the chosen place to work for the most talented people. Our philosophy is both simple and inclusive. We value people even as we protect our investments. Meritocracy drives our actions, decisions and employee advancements.