Job description / Role
CIS Abu Dhabi are currently recruiting for an experienced Chief Accountant. As Chief Accountant you will report directly to the Owner's Office and be responsible for planning, directing, and conducting accounting activities within the Finance Department.
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
• Preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budget execution reports
• Maintaining accurate and up to date records of all financial transactions
• Recording, classifying, and summarizing financial transactions and events in accordance with accepted local accounting principles and financial reporting standards
• Notifying & investigating any abnormalities in the disbursement of the School’s funds
• Computation and payment of staff salaries on a monthly basis
• Advising and assisting the Management in the compilation and control of the School budget
• Ensuring appropriate financial control in compliance with UAE legislation
• Advising on the improvement of financial management system, internal control system and the use of financial management software
• Cooperating with external auditors to carry out the annual external audit process
• Supervising the day-to-day operation of the finance department
• Other financial management duties assigned by Owner's Office.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
• CPA Qualified
• Min 10 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly in the Education sector (3 of which should be at Chief Accountant level).
• Relevant experience in audit and costing
• Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to interact with all levels
• Strong MS Office skills particularly in MS Excel.
• Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
• Full working knowledge of Oracle JDE/SAP/F5
Candidates must be located in the UAE and available to start within maximum 1 month
About the Company
Welcome to a school that responds to the needs of 21st century expatriate students. We are living in an international community, so our school must provide a learning environment that cultivates the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to compete in an increasingly global society. Right from the embracing arch at the entrance of CIS, students, parents, teachers and staff know that they are walking into a facility that has been purposely designed for a community of learners to meet the demands of our international world.
At CIS, the Alberta Program of Study provides the internationally renowned standards and curriculum framework to support Inquiry-Based Learning (IBL), a student-centered educational philosophy that has proven to increase students abilities to problem-solve. Students are presented a guiding question, and then must use their prior knowledge and skills to build direct and meaningful correlations to solve the problem. Math, English, Social Studies, Science, Information and Communication Technology, Fine Arts fuse as they are explored in real life contexts that demand and allow for multiple intelligences to shine.
Chief Accountant - F&B
A Leading Packaging Services Company In The UAE
LITASCO Middle East DMCC