Job description / Role
We are a renowned travel and tourism agency based in Dubai. Our company is hiring for a Chief Accountant to join our growing team.
- Liaise with external auditor and finalizing the yearly audit
- Month-end closing
- Providing company monthly forecast
- Preparing and monitoring daily cash flow
- Yearly budget
- Responsible for the month-end closing
- Provide company monthly forecast
- Prepare and monitor daily cash flow
- Responsible for the yearly budget
- Liaising with external auditor and finalizing the yearly audit
- Upload employee files onto system and save all related files of each and all employees.
- Audit (check) T&E claims
- Training team on system and process changes.
- Analyzes and reconciles central suppliers and agents accounts
- Process Travel Agent Commissions and incentives using our Lodging Management System.
- Work with the reservations, accounts payable, and vendor setup departments to ensure accurate and timely payments to travel suppliers and airlines.
- Ensure that system books daily accounting entries correctly.
- Responsible for travel accounting processes including suppliers payments
- Complete monthly journal entries to ensure accurate accounting within standards.
- Prepare and Posting for Daily and Monthly Manual Sales, Bonus, Leave Provision and expenses accruals
- Follow up and send out reminder to traveler for payment collection.
- Complete system testing and integration testing for new audit rules/changes in configuration.
- Solving of issues occurred while getting final bookings confirmed after issuing and re-issuing airline tickets and other travel services, and making final report of gross and net profit.
- Handle higher level concerns, complex tasks such as detailed reporting, data presentation and analysis.
- Complete ad-hoc or periodic analysis and reporting projects to summarize various items such as expense activity, sales performance, trending destinations and/or policy compliance issues, and share with high management as applicable.
- Proactively identify areas of opportunity, recommend solutions and implement improvements for achieving optimal efficiency and effectiveness in a controlled environment.
- Partner with manager to maintain departmental metrics, service level agreements and benchmarking
- Work closely with the audit team regarding periods trial balance, ledgers for all accounts, journal entries with complete filing, suppliers and agents statements.
- Holding a strong knowledge of all accounts software – Travlogix
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in travel and tourism accounting.
- University degree in Accountancy/Finance
- Ability to be flexible and perform a variety of functional roles at any time to achieve business needs.
- Knowledge of standard Travel Industry reporting policies, procedures and regulations.
- Flexibility to changes of payment deadlines, holiday packages alteration in invoices and last minute cancelations/confirmations updates.
- Proactive, attentive to details and demonstrated sense of urgency in completing assignments.
About the Company
A leading travel and tourism company in UAE.
Emirates Consulting Group (ECG)
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jun|
Quest Search & Selection
TGC Middle East
FFG Sports Management