Job description / Role
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Data and Analytics Manager, you'll help make that happen. That will mean using your unique insight to supply tailored advice to clients from all industries. Working on everything from pre-deal to post-deal, you'll build an incredible base of experience that will set you apart for the rest of your career - all with the support of some of the top colleagues in the business.
EY is the market leader in the provision of modelling and analytics solutions to support effective decision making, with a business modelling practice of about 500 professionals globally. EY's Decision Analytics team develops actionable insight from data, supported by advanced skill in Decision analytics and model development. Deploying industry-leading analytics, this practice area provides insight to executives making strategic and operational decisions about their businesses. It forms part of the Valuations & Business Modelling business line. We are seeking a Manager for our MENA region to support our growth plans for the decision analytics business. This professional is likely to come from a range of related backgrounds covering Data Research, Statistics and Business or Decision Analytics.
Your key responsibilities
As a member of the Data Analytics team you will participate in numerous engagements, working effectively as a team member, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress. You will also help demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding of the client agenda with examples of this reflected in findings and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel.
Skills and attributes for success
This professional is likely to come from a range of related backgrounds covering Data Research, Statistics and Business or Decision Analytics. The ideal candidate will have experience on the development of predictive and prescriptive analytics for different sectors. Experience on Transaction Advisory Sectors would be appreciated as well. Our projects often involve managing multiple stakeholders and high degrees of complexity and uncertainty. Decision making in this environment requires strong client management and communication skills, rigorous analytical techniques and excellent data handling skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Approximately 7+ years of data analytics and decision analytics
- Experience in delivering decision analytics / Operations Research solutions based on techniques, which could include some of the following:
- Operations Research (simulation, optimisation, scheduling, inventory control, queuing theory, risk analysis, decision analysis, system dynamics, etc)
- Statistics (e.g. price elasticity analysis, forecasting, predictive analytics)
- Data mining, data visualisation and data management
- Database modelling including use of emerging Big Data technologies (Hadoop)
- Experience of analytics packages, including statistics packages such as SPSS or SAS, visualization packages such as Tableau or Spotfire
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational databases, as well as knowledge of predictive modelling technologies such as SAS Enterprise Miner, SQL Server 2005 DMX etc.
- Technically competent in the following areas: data collection and load, data quality assessment, data cleansing, complex data transformation, relationship profiling, sampling and extrapolation, statistical modelling, segmentation, structured data mining, text mining and analytical matching
- Has strong IT skills to programmer level, covering a range of different technologies relating to the techniques above
Ideally, you'll also have
- Client facing experience from a leading organisation
- Experience and understanding of how business operates MENA region
- Proficiency in the Arabic language
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client's goals.
What working at EY offers
- Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career in the MENA region
- Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
- Opportunity to work in an international environment
EY Strategy and Transactions teams work with clients to navigate complexity by helping them to reimagine their eco-systems, reshape their portfolios and reinvent themselves for a better future. With global connectivity and scale, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients drive corporate, capital, transaction and turnaround strategies through to execution, supporting fast-track value creation in all types of market environments. EY Strategy and Transactions teams help support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, EY Strategy and Transactions teams help clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
About the Company
EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available on our site.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 95 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region