Job description / Role
Kanoo Shipping is looking for an experienced 3rd Engineer to be based in Fujairah, UAE.
• Responsible for safe and efficient execution of Kanoo Marine boat operations as per instructions of the Captain during handling of cargo, vessel's security plan as mandated by the International Maritime Organization and ensuring that the boat complies with local and international laws, as well as company and flag state policies,
• Responsible for the safety of all persons on board, including officers and crew, other shipboard staff members, passengers, guests and pilots
• Responsible for responding to and reporting to the captain in case of accidents and incidents, and in case of injuries and illness among the ship's crew and passengers
• Ensuring customer complaints, procedure / safety related issues are reported to the Captain
• Ensure all operational procedures are carried out by Kanoo Marine crew and qualified suppliers/contractors and not by passengers/unauthorized third party personnel.
• Support the Captain in implementing compliance with immigration and customs regulations, maintaining the ship's certificates records and documentation, its cleanliness and seaworthiness and inventory of ship's cash and stores
• Checks and confirms that all equipment on board is in sea worthy condition before departure.
• Responsible for overall maintenance of engines/generators and electrical equipment's onboard.
• Maintains Engine log book and record all the readings of parameters mentioned in the log
• Responsible for periodic maintenance of the engines.
• Submits monthly reports on technical side.
• Take readings of fuel tanks before and after every trip.
• Ensure that the boat has required tools for day to day maintenance.
• When bunkering, ensure that the initial reading is noted down and constantly monitor the flow of fuel into the tanks and take reading after bunkering from the tank and the meter to confirm both tallies.
• Ensure that he has sufficient coolant onboard and replenishes the coolers when ever required.
• A licensed mariner having valid certification issued by one or more countries to hold the senior position of Chief Engineer in boats, and similar vessels.
• At least 5 years experience direct operation of boats or similar marine craft.
• Proficient in Service Boat maintenance and equipment operation.
• Excellent correspondence & communication.
• Excellent knowledge of - ISM Code, Radar, Medical First Aid, Security, Advanced Fire Fighting, Survival Crafts, GOC for GMDSS and Navigational Watch.
About the Company
Established in 1890, Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo) started from a humble trading and shipping enterprise founded in Bahrain by Haji Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo. From Bahrain, the business spread to Saudi Arabia in the 1930s.
In 1967, Hamed Kanoo came from Saudi Arabia to the UAE to expand the family business. Having successfully established Yusuf Bin Ahmed Kanoo (YBA Kanoo)'s operations in Khafji in the Kingdom, the company asked him to replicate the same in UAE too. With only 5 people including him, Hamed Kanoo managed to put-up The Kanoo Group as a trade name in the UAE Map. At present, The Kanoo Group operates in UAE and Oman. Mishal Hamed Kanoo serves as the Chairman, with over 1,200 employees working for its divisions.
The Kanoo family remained true to their early values. This adherence to ethics and beliefs made them an essential component of the regional business life.
One of the first industries that Kanoo excelled at was shipping. No one could have predicted that it would challenge the monopoly of long established British companies and goes on to become the largest regional shipping agency in the Middle East. Kanoo Shipping is one of the founders of S5 Agency World Ltd. and was the first Arab shipping agency in the region in 1911. At present, Kanoo Shipping operates in 20 countries and in all principal ports and offshore tanker loading terminals around the Arabian Peninsula, including Iraq. It handles 11,000 port calls every year which covers all ports in the Suez to India range.
The historic rise of Kanoo Travel has proven similarly impressive. The group's interest in travel started in 1937 when the company used to provide refueling facilities for Imperial Airline sea-planes en route to India and Australia. In 1947, Kanoo Travel became the first IATA agency in the Gulf and became the very first travel company in the Middle East to receive the ISO certification in 1997.
The Group's another success story began in mid-1960s. Kanoo Machinery used to supply construction and material handling equipment in the region. At that time, the UAE was just setting up its oil and gas industry and developing its infrastructure. By providing the government and private sectors with world-class equipment and services, Kanoo Machinery helped lay down the foundations of the vital sectors of UAE's economy.
Today for over 130 years, the company is amongst the most diversified and highly regarded business houses in the Gulf region and operates extensively throughout Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Yemen and Qatar. It has unremittingly grown its realm of businesses into various industries in shipping, travel, machinery, logistics, property, energy (oil & gas, power, water) industrial chemicals, training, joint ventures, retail, and commercial activities.
Senior Facilities Manager
Power Group of Companies
Facility Management Engineer
Facilities Engineer - Civil/MEP - UAE National
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jun|
A Leading Group In UAE
Facilities Manager – Hard FM
Big Fish Recruitment