Job description / Role
Our client is an Abu Dhabi based Bank who are looking to recruit a CRO/ Head of ERM with wholesale banking expertise.
Our client is a wholesale-focused bank based in Abu Dhabi.
The role presents the opportunity to join a wholesale bank in Abu Dhabi as the Chief Risk Officer/ Head of ERM.
* The work as a CRO will focus on the wholesale banking front and will manage Enterprise Risk Management along with Credit Policy; select responsibilities of the role entail: risk measurement, risk monitoring, and ensuring risk controls/processes are followed as per policy and regulation.
* The CRO will not be a credit risk specialist, as this sits separate to ERM.
Excellent exposure, business growth, leadership role
The ideal candidate will:
* Have strong ERM experience i.e. operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk along with overriding risk policy & controls experience in line with the regulatory environment
* Above experience for 15-25 years with bulk of the experience at a global banking institution, and if not, formative relevant experience at a global banking institution which follow best-practices from an ERM perspective
* Above experience will be progressive & relevant (i.e. internal audit/ credit risk may not be counted as relevant as progressive)
* Have some exposure to credit risk to enable policy framework formulation
* Will have a forward looking, business-partnership led digital mind-set & track record
* Ideally be already based locally to enable visa issuance and prompt interviews a start; will be willing & able to live & work in Abu Dhabi.
* Will have a relevant Bachelor's degree, whilst a Master's degree and relevant qualifications (e.g. FRM) will be highly advantageous.
* Will be a strong communicator in English, and have strong internal and external stakeholder management experience (i.e. board/ regulator/ CEO)
* Will have strong attention to detail
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.