Job description / Role
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team's commitment to safe and efficient operations. Showcase your leadership strengths and model our service culture as Chief Steward, where you will ensure a superior standard for all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment in support of our Culinary and Banquets teams. must coordinate and ensure that hygiene and food safety guidelines are met with the implementation of HACCP System.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Lead and manage the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
- Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
- Ensure all banquet event orders are reviewed and ensure proper set-ups are in place
- Prepare monthly reports on shortages in chinaware, silverware and equipment and requisition replacements as required while following budget guidelines
- Work closely with the Chef, Banquets/Catering team to anticipate guest needs
- Order and control all inventory of cleaning compounds
Your experience and skills include:
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in the same role in a 5-star hotel is an asset.
- Certified in HACCP (Level 3) Principles and Practices from a recognized organization preferred
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- University/College degree in a related discipline an asset
Your team and working environment:
Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.