Job description / Role
To ensure response to necessary construction documentation, including but not limited to review of shop drawings, RFIs, and material submittals. Is to manage the efforts of the inspectors to ensure all documentation that is reviewed is than properly translated into a constructed product which meets requirements and specifications.
• Monitoring the civil works for conformance with the provisions of the contract documents and the procedures manual.
• Reviewing, approving and processing all civil technical submittals.
• Answering RFIs related to civil works.
• Coordinating and supervising the work of all civil activities and operations.
• Reviewing contractor’s structural change order proposals and preparing recommendations to Infrastructural PM.
• Liaison with the necessary sub consultants.
• Reviewing contractors claims related to civil works and preparing recommendations for claims.
• Reviewing the contractor’s project record documents relevant to their discipline.
• Managing the civil inspectors.
• Calls for testing as required, analyzing laboratory and testing reports.
• Assisting with the inspection of completed works and monitoring the startup, testing, commissioning and handover of the civil works.
• Signing off on completed structural works with completed documentation.
• Perform all other duties given by Infrastructural PM.
• Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures are followed and materials used conform to specifications.
• Ensures that proper safety procedures are followed in co-operation with the Health & Safety Engineer.
• Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work co-operatively and jointly to provide a quality seamless service.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in relevant disciplines: Engineering or Construction.
• (10) years' experience with minimum of (5) years in the UAE.
• Strong technical background.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent command of Microsoft Office business solution (Excel, Word).
• Ability to review and comment properly on necessary documentation.
• Excellent understanding of specifications and Authority requirements.
• Complete project understanding in given discipline, from start to hand-over.
• Methods and materials used for public works construction projects.
• Engineering terminology, symbols, field surveying methods and techniques.
• Principles and practices of project management and supervision.
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services