Job description / Role
The Civils Inspector is responsible for the inspection of all civil structures which includes; Bridges, Underpasses, Culverts, Embankments, Service Roads, Sand Mitigation Systems and Fences along the railway corridor to ensure integrity of all structures and civil assets is maintained at all times.
The engineer must have knowledge of dynamical forced structures, in particular for concrete and earthworks and general civil engineering knowledge. Furthermore, he should have experience with sand accumulation and mitigation systems in a desert environment.
Role responsibilities as follows:
• In liaison with the Civil Reliability Supervisor be responsible for the execution of all tasks and inspection of Bridges, Underpasses, Culverts, Embankments, Service Roads, Mitigation Systems and Fences
• Ensuring the assets are maintained in accordance with the Asset Management Strategy.
• Ensuring all work is carried efficiently and safely with full adherence to all safe systems of work, company policies and rules.
• Review and record results of the inspections conducted and raise any notifications of any track defects and unsafe conditions found.
• In liaison with the Civil Reliability Supervisor and Engineer, determine if a civil structure must be protected by constructive support, by speed restriction on the line or if the line must be closed to traffic
• Ensures a safe working environment in accordance to the company regulations.
• Communication with the internal and external interfaces as necessary for repairs
• Communication with key stakeholders
• Represents the Civil Reliability Supervisor at meetings as directed.
• Candidate must hold a bachelor degree in Civil Engineering as well as have strong experience of conducting inspections of civil structures.
• You must be competent in writing reports, have good knowledge of SAP and MS Office Programs and the ability to deliver allocated elements of a Quality Management system.
About the Company
Etihad Rail was established in June 2009 under Federal Law no. 2, with a mandate to manage the development, construction and operation of the UAEs national freight and passenger railway network.
The railway network will be built in phases to link the principal centres of population and industry of the UAE, as well as to form a vital part of the planned GCC railway network linking the six countries of the GCC: The Kingdom of Bahrain, The State of Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and UAE.
Built to international standards, Etihad Rail's state-of-the-art network will act as a catalyst for economic growth and sustained social development. Once complete, the railway will redefine logistics and transport in the region; thus providing a modern, safe, efficient and sustainable network which will connect the UAE and its regions to its neighbouring GCC countries.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
RTC-1 Employment Services
RTC-1 Employment Services
QA QC Engineer
Al Jaziri Group