Job description / Role
Make a difference every day
The Job Opportunity
The purpose of this position is to provide effective engineering and maintenance services covering the building structures of stations, depots, system ancillary buildings, sub-stations, cutting embankments and walls, tunnels, car parks, signage and related ground level infrastructure for Serco Dubai Metro.
- Assist the Civil Team Leader in carrying out all level of preventive and corrective maintenance activities and minor modifications on buildings and structures including stitching, grouting, scaffolding, pressure pointing, re-casing and general structural repairs and finishes
- Follow the appropriate maintenance procedures and instructions to ensure compliance with the requirements
- Maintain accurate maintenance records of buildings and structures work accomplished and other information using a computerised maintenance management system
- Assist the Civil Team Leader or other technical support staff to implement complex systems or new projects
- Ensure the maintenance tools and equipment are in good condition
- Perform shift and emergency duties when required
What we are looking for in our candidates:
- Generates Ideas - Identifies innovative ideas and solutions for everyday work problems that contribute to on-going continuous improvement and add value to the customer.
- Delivers Against Own Objectives - In accordance with the Serco Values, follows through and meets personal commitments in an organised and methodical manner.
- Communicates Effectively - Clearly and concisely conveys information and ideas that engage others.
- Demonstrates Collaboration - Demonstrates proactive team working and collaboration with others, role modelling the belief that the whole of the team is greater than the sum of individual efforts.
- Adapts to Change - Maintains effectiveness when experiencing changes in work responsibilities or environment.
- Assumes Responsibility - Effectively manages their time, resources and relationships to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
- Demonstrates Self Development - Takes responsibility for one's own personal impact and development, focusing on increasing self-awareness as well as identifying new areas for learning and professional development and creating learning opportunities.
- Vocational trade certificate or diploma in civil engineering discipline or equivalent
- Ability to use and calibrate various electro-mechanical tools and equipment for building maintenance
- Ability to write simple technical reports, routine business correspondence, prepare method statements and drawings as required
- Possess good communication skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work productively in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Strong organisational skills, detail oriented, and the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Holder of a valid driving license with a good driving skill and experience
- Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in the maintenance of buildings and structures activities, such as general structural maintenance and repairs of buildings, viaducts and tunnels
- Experience in structural stitching, grouting, scaffolding, pressure pointing, re-casing and general structural repairs is preferable
Working with Serco
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has important role to play.
We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
Take pride in what you do
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative.
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.