Job description / Role
This is a deal-making role for the biggest, highest profile, most complex Cloud deals in the EMEA Region. The successful candidate will bring commercial leadership directly to prospective customers, will build both internal and external rapport and credibility, and assist in creating and delivering commercial Cloud solutions to meet the customer's need and create market-defining win-win outcomes. The successful candidate will need to react with speed to the evolving world of IaaS and PaaS, both externally in understanding the market, and internally as our processes and terms mature.
As part of the EMEA Technology team, this role is a fundamental pillar to driving the success and rapid growth of the IaaS and PaaS business, working on the some of the most strategic deals within the region.
- Deal focus
- Commercial modelling: Define and negotiate commercial solutions to complex and challenging customer business requirements; driving a value based conversation.
- Contractual negotiation: Negotiate contractual terms and support the deal/account team to close the transaction.
- Negotiation planning: Ensure the deal team creates and executes a coherent negotiation strategy backed by a solid concession plan.
- Project management: Build, lead and project manage teams in closing transformational deals (aligning close plans to key dates for processing, and driving the close process); evaluate and manage risk within a deal.
- Business practice: Learn and maintain a leadership knowledge of Oracle IaaS and PaaS policies and procedures;
- Support, coach and mentor Sales representatives with their understanding of IaaS and PaaS contracts and commercial terms.
- Share expert knowledge on commercial matters with Sales community (e.g. commercial modelling, industry standards, competitive intelligence, top trends in negotiation etc)
- Deal focus:
- Work as an integral part of the deal/account team and work with customers in order to understand the commercial / contractual requirement, and identify business value being proposed by the Oracle proposal
- Work with and lead the designated account sales team to create and deliver commercial solutions in response to customer requirements (including advising on and assisting in presentation of the internal business case, and justifications for the proposed solution).
- Play a leadership role in the contractual negotiation process, managing customer's expectations, addressing their concerns, working alongside Legal and Sales teams to reach a mutually agreeable contractual position and demonstrate the value of Oracle's commercial terms and conditions.
- Sales Enablement
- Become a recognised commercial subject matter expert within Technology business, but also in other lines of business; drive commercial thought leadership and best practice during the sales cycle.
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills required - used to communicating and negotiating with C Level execs; and having the ability to adapt communication style to audience;
- Proven successful and highly attuned influencing skills and experienced commercial negotiator;
- Proven knowledge of software contracts and commercial paperwork
- Ability to engage in multiple, complex multi-dimensional commercial negotiations at once;
- Ability to build and maintain a large internal network, and hold relationships at Sales VP level;
- Ability to effectively articulate Oracle's position on complex issues to both internal stakeholders and Customer leadership;
- Ability to balance and resolve competing interests/priorities;
- Excellent planning and organizational skills;
- Prepared to work in, and lead virtual teams - requiring strong interpersonal skills;
- Sophisticated at dealing with conflict in a constructive manner;
- Proactive, tenacious, proven track record of driving projects / tasks to completion and within specified timelines;
- Ability and confidence to challenge the status quo;
- Preferred - Experience with IaaS, PaaS or SaaS is desirable
- Experience of leading the commercials in the most high profile and at times high pressure deals
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.