Job description / Role
No Visa Sponsorship is available for this position. Applicants are required to read, write, and speak the following languages: English Oracle is at the forefront of the digital revolution. We are empowering nearly half a million businesses across the globe to turn untapped potential into real business value. Would you like to join us in connecting the biggest enterprises of today, with the tools to compete in the digital economy of tomorrow?
We have exciting new opportunities in expanding Oracle's cloud business. So, if you are passionate, entrepreneurial, innovative, consultative, value focused, and want to have fun whilst you work, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The role will be delivered remotely from your home and, while there may be some visits to an office or customer premises, we believe that these will be relatively rare for the foreseeable future. As nearly all your daily interactions will be on Zoom, you will need a good internet connection. You have the opportunity to manage your own time and work hours can have a degree of flexibility. This architecture role comprises a combination of both technical and soft skills. If you have strong all-round technical skills, the ability to engage with people, can build trusted relationships, communicate ideas, and build consensus, then you are just the kind of person we are looking for. Your contribution will be pivotal in helping customers moving their applications to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
Engaging with customers to understand their current deployment, designing a new OCI architecture, and building a migration roadmap for easy transition to cloud, are just some of the exciting challenges that await you. Your ability to design solutions that address non-functional requirements, such as security, network, performance, resilience, service management will ensure the best possible outcome for our customers.
Cloud solution architects take responsibility for architecture from the initial idea right through to deployment. The sense of achievement in over-seeing the successful evolution of your solutions from inception to delivery is one of the most rewarding aspects of the role. Driving customer success, through high quality architectural solutions, is the very cornerstone of our ambitions. You will be instrumental in the customer adoption of your solutions and, as a result, building long standing business and IT value for the customer.
At Oracle, you will enjoy a high degree of responsibility and autonomy. The rewards for your contribution include a compensation and benefits package, and a continuous training program in a structured environment, that are world class. We always aim to make Oracle a fun and rewarding place to work, and you will be joining a community of hundreds of like minded architects who are always very keen to support and help each other.
What You'll Do
- By engaging directly with the customer you will gain a deep understanding of their requirements and then identify how their Oracle Application can best run in Oracle cloud.
- This understanding will enable you to produce a comprehensive and effective solution architecture.
- Leading the architectural engagement for a customer is a responsible position, however, you will not be alone.
- You will be supported by a highly collaborative virtual team that includes product specialists, domain specialists and implementors.
- With the team's support, you will have the opportunity to design the solution architecture, map it to Oracle cloud services, define a target deployment architecture, and then create an implementation plan that delivers a best practice solution for the customer. There are a range of standard reference architectures that you will be able to make extensive use of.
- This approach will mean that your proposed solutions are of the highest quality, and adhere to Oracle standards.
In conjunction with the sales you team, one of your key responsibilities will be to deliver compelling customer presentations that illustrate the architectural vision and articulate the benefits and value delivered by your solutions.
- Working with the implementation team you will help to ensure that the target solution is delivered to an agreed specification and then continue to engage with the customer through the implementation until the working solution is handed over to the customer. You can look forward to being be an active participant in the Architecture Community within Oracle, both using and contributing to reference architectures.
- The Oracle architecture community is friendly and supportive and you will be able to call upon the broader community for help, and in time contribute to the community.
- Continually developing our architects is of critical importance to Oracle, and you will have the opportunity to put regular time aside to stay abreast of new technologies, new products and services, and to stay very much in touch with emerging technology both inside and outside Oracle. Oracle will provide training throughout your career to develop your technical skills and your soft skills.
What You'll Bring
Your enthusiasm, knowledge, and passion for customer success will help us become the number one cloud company in the world. Architectural skills and experience are clearly important aspects to this role. These include;
- Strong knowledge of the deployment requirements of one or more Oracle applications (E-Business, Siebel, JDE, Peoplesoft or Hyperion)
- The ability to quickly understand existing on-premises customer systems and applications and map those to cloud architectures and solutions
- Experience of deploying or managing at least one Oracle Application - in the cloud would be best, but on-premises is also helpful
- A good general understanding of cloud architecture and hybrid on premise/cloud designs
- Strong architectural understanding of all technical aspects of a cloud solution including networking, security, resilience and connectivity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with high degree of comfort speaking across all levels of management (e.g. IT management, Architects, administrators and executives)
- Strong collaboration skills and the ability to build virtual teams to deliver broad-based architecture deliverables
- Some experience in engaging and influencing senior leaders would he highly desirable In addition, a number of technical skills will also be needed within this role and the more of these you have, the better you will fit the role:
- Hands-on experience of cloud deployments. While any cloud experience will be considered, previous experience of OCI would be highly beneficial
- Every customer solution will require a database, and so a good understanding of database and related technologies will be required.
- Oracle database experience is preferred, but strong knowledge of other databases will also be considered
- It is expected that every successful candidate will have basic developer skills and be fluent in at least one back-end programming language - e.g. Java, Python etc. - as well as having a working knowledge of SQL
About the Company
Oracle offers an integrated array of applications, databases, servers, storage, and cloud technologies to empower modern business. For most companies, flexibility is critical. Oracle provides a wide choice of software, systems, and cloud deployment models - including public, on-premises, and hybrid clouds - to ensure that technology flexes to the unique needs of a business.
Oracle Cloud is a complete, integrated stack of platform, infrastructure, and application services. With advanced scalability and security, Oracle Cloud enables technical agility across the enterprise, connects people to information for clearer insights, and fosters efficiency through simplified workflows.
More than 420,000 customers across 145 countries have harnessed Oracle technology to accelerate their digital transformation.
Application Solution Architect
IBM Middle East
IT Project Manager
Systems Middle East (SME)
IT - Operation and Maintenance Engineer
Sicuro Commercial Brokers
IT Architect - New Graduate Program
IBM Middle East
Associate Developer (Graduate Hire / Early Professional)
IBM Middle East