Job description / Role
About the Role
We are looking for cloud systems engineers to join our Cloud infrastructure development group. Cloud systems engineers are responsible for the operational support, maintenance and expansion of our private cloud platform. The Cloud infrastructure development group ensures maximum uptime of our private cloud platform. He or she is also act as a part of the escalation, issue triage and technical support processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Responsible for monitoring, supporting, and administering production environment with initial onboarding, upgrades and recovery;
• Follow production support processes to document day to day support activities, contribute to knowledge base and improve our overall accuracy and efficiency;
• Support our 24/7/365 always-up, always available production services;
• Identifying opportunities that can improve efficiency of operations and IT processes.
• Minimum 7 years proven work experience as a Linux Engineer, Technical Support Engineer or similar in a Linux production environment;
• Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex technical issues;
• Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
• Self-driven, motivated and results oriented, customer-centric mindset;
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or relevant field.
• Knowledge and experience of OpenStack production design, operations and troubleshooting;
• Expert level experience with server-level operating systems Unix/Linux, facilitating high-level engineering, architecture design;
• Understanding of network and distributed storage systems such as, CEPH, EMC ECS, HDFS and protocols like FC, iSCSI, NFS, CIFS (concepts and architecture);
• You are knowledgeable of networks, routers, switches, firewalls and deep understanding TCP/IP stack;
• Strong developments experience with shell, Python etc.;
• Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or Ansible would be beneficial;
• Develop and maintain system documentation, including diagrams, Standard Operating Procedures and work instructions.
About the Company
Executive Solutions is a different breed of talent consultancy. Driven by a unique philosophy, we think differently and act differently from the pack. Were here to do one thing: to improve our clients businesses by finding, focusing and delivering the most talented people.
We dont just do traditional contingency recruitment. Discovering talent is much more than just matching a CV to a vacancy - its about understanding companys corporate culture and ensuring a comprehensive match. We believe that in order to find the right candidate we must understand the motivations and ambitions of senior management, which is reflected in our personal approach when partnering with a client.
Executive Solutions is your trusted talent solutions partner head quartered in Dubai, specialising in direct talent, tailored talent and HR talent solutions, along with Nationalisation initiatives throughout the Middle East. Driven by a unique philosophy, we incorporate innovative and comprehensive talent management solutions each tailored to suit what our clients need.
System Engineer (Telecom)
Emerald Technology Recruitment
Quest Search & Selection
IT Support and Security Manager
Quest Search & Selection
Cloud Service Desk Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||22 Sep|