Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To provide an endlessly enchanting experience to all the Raffles Club guests through the Raffles personal touch.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing personalized assistance to Raffles Club guests included but not limited to: the setting up and breakdown of all food and beverage presentations (breakfast, afternoon tea, bar service and canapés).
- Controlling inventory needed for Raffles Club pantry
- Identifying guest preference acting on them to ensure a service experience is created and communicate to team.
- The polishing of silver and glassware.
- Effective organization of Raffles Club pantry to ensure efficiency and cleanliness
- Create strong relationships with departments that support Raffles Club primarily the culinary department.
- Attention to detail in ensuring the lounge is well maintained at all times and that the ambiance changes in the lounge between the food and beverage presentations.
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Have full knowledge of beverage lists and promotions as well as of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- Provide long staying guests / Special attention guests / occasion celebrating guests with greater importance and take good care of them.
- Ensures all communication is carried clearly amongst the team
- Attends daily briefing and notes all information about the guests and functions in the hotel
- Creates an environment which is congenial and ensures all team members are treated equally and with respect.
- Fully aware of Raffles standards.
- Fully understands the difference of guest levels (VIP)
- Fully understands the difference of room categories.
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned.
- Respects guest privacy and does not discuss any private information with other colleagues.
- Takes initiative and provides all guests with pro active and personalized service
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health and safety legislation, policies and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid and fire and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements
- Good English language verbal and written communication skills
- Good level of engagement with guests
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel guests and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Degree from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum two year's experience as a waiter/waitress.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.