Job description / Role
Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk is Sofitel's largest property in the Middle East. The hotel features 595 luxury guestrooms inclusive of 68 suites and 97 serviced apartments in the heart of Dubai. A variety of trendy restaurants and bars including a contemporary Asian restaurant, a Gastro Pub, a French Brasserie and Pool Bar & Lounge bring residents and patrons together to celebrate the French "Joie de Vivre". Guests have the option to unwind at the Sofitel Spa with L'Occitane and outdoor pools with private cabanas or workout in a fully-fledged fitness center. Business travelers have access to 1,589 square meter of meeting space including one state-of-the-art ballroom ideal for the most sought after social gatherings.
Part of the Wafi Mall new extension and close to the iconic Raffles Dubai, Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk will infuse the brand's essence with capitalizing on a perfect balance of modernism and ancient Egypt reflective of the renowned design elements of Wafi. If you are as excited as we are about connecting hearts and showing your guest passion, join us as the next Heartist -Sofitel Club Lounge Supervisor and help us to make Sofitel Dubai the Obelisk a truly welcoming destination!
To assist to oversee and direct all aspects of the Sofitel Club lounge functions to achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction to current and future VIPs.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff to ensure maximum guest satisfaction through personal recognition & prompt cordial attention from arrival through departure
- Manage and supervise the lounge during operating hours
- Liaise with kitchen on food selection for Breakfast , High Tea and Cocktail Hour
- Meet and greet all guests personally
- Oversee maintenance of efficient repeat guest history system
- Promote Inter-Hotel sales and in-house facilities
- Perform such functions to include but not be limited to:
- Prepare Sofitel Club guest welcome letters
- Monitor guest comment cards and feedback
- Attend to special requests by guests
- Handle guest complaints and refer them as necessary, follow up on corrective action
- Compile, analyze and control Sofitel Club costs and inventory
- Prepare requisitions for amenities on a timely basis
- Ensuring and maintain entire range of services offered for the Sofitel Club Lounge
- Appraise appearance, discipline and efficiency of all staff under direct supervision
- Organize and conduct regular meeting for Sofitel Club staff to facilitate smooth operations
- Prepare efficient work and vacation schedule for Sofitel Club staff, taking into consideration project occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements
- Performs related duties and special projects assigned
- Works with Superior and Human Resource Manager to ensure the departmental performance of staff is productive. Duties include:
- Plan for future staffing needs and recruit in line with company guidelines
- Prepare detailed induction programmes for new staff
- Analyse training needs of Front Office staff and develop training programmes
- Conduct probation and formal performance appraisals
- Coach, counsel, discipline staff and provide constructive feedback to staff
- Work with Superior in the preparation and management of department's budget; control & monitor departmental costs on an ongoing basis to ensure performance against budget
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Good level of engagement with guests
- Ability to work cohesively as a team with a multi-cultural workforce
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of integrity, enthusiasm, dedication, support for continuous improvement
- Good knowledge of Front Office and F&B Operations
- Post Secondary school education or Diploma from School for Tourism & Hotel Management
- Minimum 1 - 2 years' relevant experience in customer service/guest relations
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.