Job description / Role
Cluster Director of Revenue Management
Scope of Position:
The Cluster Revenue Director is responsible for working with the commercial team to determine strategic goals and tactical efforts, which drive total revenue to Sofitel Abu Dhabi Corniche and Sofitel Downtown hotels. The Director of Revenue is responsible for optimizing the hotel's and RGI (Revenue Generation Index - measuring the hotel's position as compared to the competition) sales revenue. The Cluster Revenue Director is then responsible for ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel. This role serves as the objective decision maker that ensures the best interest of profitability is served in the overall hotel as well as ensuring the integrity of rates and long-term customer investment.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring that inventory allocation and pricing parameters are positioned to support the overall revenue goals of the hotel.
- Maximizing net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
- Ongoing education of Reservations and Front Office ensuring revenue management concepts are understood
- Monitoring demand and recommend selling strategies.
- Conducting regular audits of PMS, CRS, GRC, GDS, ensuring accuracy of rates, package information and availability.
- Monitoring and executing rate strategies using inventory management tools [CRS, PMS, etc].
- Working with the commercial team to determine effective and engaging offers, which are then offered to the right customer in the right channel.
- Is engaging and supports the hotels selling strategy in all distribution systems.
- Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting.
- Works with DOSM and Sales Team members to encourage strategic selection of the right piece of business, using Sofitel guidelines.
- Tracking competitive set pricing and yield strategies, understanding the comp set's reaction to changes in the marketplace.
- Preparing materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Sofitel guidelines for meeting content.
- Preparing timely revenue summaries as required.
- Overseeing the input of contracted wholesale space for each season.
- Reviewing and providing feedback on commentaries for each market segment.
- Recording, maintaining and analyzing current, historical and statistical data
- Participating in the planning processes for the hotel budget, marketing and strategic plans.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the reservations team.
- Monitoring to ensure telephone sales techniques are employed in such a way as to support our selling strategies and driving customer loyalty.
- Ensuring a clean and safe working environment in accordance to health regulations and adhere to all Sofitel Environmental policies and procedure
Experience & Education
- At least 2 years minimum experience is a similar role
- Degree in Hotel /Hospitality in Management.
- Demonstrated performance track record
- Must display strong analytic al, organizational and administrative skills to be able to deal with multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must be flexible with the ability to sustain a high level of productivity and efficiency at all times.
- Proven leadership, organizational and guest service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Property Manager (Opera), IDeaS, MFR (Opera CRS)
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Proven leadership skills, experience managing colleagues a plus.
- Strong problem solving abilities.
- Adapt to change quickly and strong multi-tasking.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Director - Operations & Commercial
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Robinson Faris Jones - Human Resources (RFJ-HR)
RTC-1 Employment Services
Group Head of Operations