Job description / Role
Life in Adagio Aparthotel , Ibis Styles and soon to open Mercure Dubai Deira
We create memorable stories for our guests and fellow Heartists® offering personalized experiences with a Glocalized urban touch.
We discover together and are flexible to our guest's discerning needs.
Trendy, curious, creative and open minded blended with entrepreneurial spirit; our Heartists® bring life into the cluster.
- Under the general guidance and supervision of the Cluster Executive Chef and within the limits of established policies, the Cluster Hygiene Executive will ensure complete responsibility for the highest level of sanitation and hygiene standards in the hotel.
- Ensure all food served to guests and employees are free from microbiological and physical contamination, and all work areas confirm to minimum requirements set by the local health authorities.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Ensure that the hotel is compliant with HACCP Food Safety Management requirements at all times.
- Ensuring that the municipality local order/regulations/guidelines are complied with.
- Attend Dubai Municipality meetings/trainings in relation to kitchen standards or hygiene requirements and report findings.
- Liaise with the Stewarding, Engineering and Housekeeping departments regarding cleanliness, pest control and maintenance issues.
- Ensures Induction training on Accor's Sustainable Development Program, ISO ad AllSafe and other required trainings are undertaken for new staff.
- To be updated about new legal requirements and notices issued by Dubai Municipality from time to time and ensure amendment of necessary practices and procedures.
- To ensure kitchen work practices reflect written procedures.
- Conduct a monthly back of house food safety inspection and observations recorded and distributed to all relevant departments involved and follow up on all non-conformities highlighted to ensure action is taken in a timely and efficient manner.
- To conduct inspections for Outlet/Coffee Shop to ensure Dubai Municipality regulations are being adhered to.
- Support the Purchasing Coordinator to conduct Supplier site inspections and report writing.
- Accompany the Dubai Municipality during their routine inspections and sampling practices.
- Circulate the Report Findings to the relevant departments and ensure that non-conformities are addressed and rectified.
- Verify key critical control points for compliance with critical limits.
- Reviews accurate completion of receiving process checks and temperature checking.
- Undertakes legal compliance reviews relating to temperatures and trade practices issues.
- Reports to management on issues relating to food safety, quality and legal compliance.
- Monitor and reports on the effectiveness of HACCP/Food Safety Plan implementation.
- Monitors the biological testing program - for food contact surfaces, staff, bought-in product and finished product and verify reports.
- Monitor food and raw materials suppliers' performance - biological, chemical and physical contamination hazards.
- To laterally coordinate with concerned departments in day to day activities.
- Liaise with Regulatory Authorities and external Auditing organizations.
- To directly report critical issues to top management.
- Ensures the due application of rules and regulations concerning health and safety.
- Verify HACCP system and ensure all relevant records are maintained.
- Liaise with the hotel T&C department to ensure that Health Cards are renewed on time and staff sick reports are maintained up to date.
- Review completion of monitoring activities.
- Manages documentation and records relating to HACCP/FSMS procedures.
- Complete and provides regular internal audit reports.
Generic Aspects on Hygiene / Personal Safety / Environment/Confidentiality:
- Ensure proper care of all equipment and furniture entrusted for Heartists use.
- Be well-familiar with the hotel's policies and procedures, well-acquainted with the physical layout of the hotel and its premises and knowledgeable of the hotel's emergency procedures in regard to fire, medical, bomb threat, black-out and evacuation.
- Knows the safety regulations and ensures their application & ensures the safety of people and property in the hotel.
- Respects and ensures respect of the hotel's commitments to the \"Environment Charter\" of Planet 21 program (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc).
- Understands and strictly adhere to the Rules & Regulations established in the Employees Handbook and the Hotel's policy on Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Ensure that confidential records and other confidential information are properly safeguarded and are not removed from the office.
- Does not disclose any financial information or any other information of the Accor Hotels.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.