Job description / Role
- Directs and coordinates all activities and provides assistance to the staff of the stewarding department, to ensure all established service standards and procedures of the hotel is implemented consistently, leading to guest satisfaction, staff satisfaction and profit for the Hotel. Under the general guidance of the Cluster Executive Chef/Chef de Partie in accordance to the Hotel's Policies and Procedures
- Responsible for the Maintenance and the cleanliness of all F&B service and Kitchen Equipment
- Responsible for guiding the all subaltern's staff and in the performance of their jobs in accordance to Hotel policies and procedures
- Responsible to help maintain financial goals, by minimizing costs through control of chemical usage and crockery breakages without compromising in Hygienic condition
- Responsible for the administration, operation and coordination of the Stewarding Department .
Responsible for providing functional assistance to operation during peak periods and functions.
Key Deliverables and Responsibilities:
Planning & Organizing:
- Knows and understands the job description of amongst stewarding
- Implements all Food Hygiene policies and procedures in all the kitchen, store and dishwashing areas
- Maintains high sanitation standard throughout the all food preparation area
- Provides assistance in the outlets when required during peak periods
- To implement Dubai Municipality Food Control Section Regulations in detail
- To ensure Dubai Food Control Section Regulations are adhered to in detail and exceeded
- Ensure recycling programme in accordance with the protection of the environment
- Monitors chemical used and abuse
- Identifies and solves problems in a timely manner
- Capable of deciding the level of authority and responsibility that can be delegated
- To supervise the stewarding staff in maximising all resources to achieve high quality and excellent all over cost control
- Control and keep record of all breakages
- Supervise and counsels stewarding staff effectively
- Identifies training needs within All F&B staff and stewarding to reduce breakages and achieve maximum utilization of material
- Prepares, conducts and stewarding staff training
- Motivates a strong team amongst stewarding staff
- Is aware of COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) and ensures that the Stewards use the relevant safety equipment when performing their duties.
Continually checks that the tasks have been completed correctly.
- Manages the Hygiene Officer and the duties to ensure that the health and hygiene aspects are completely covered ensuring guests and team safety.
- Manages the Kitchen Stewarding team to ensure that the property FF&E is maintained at optimum levels.
- Follows and enforces all applicable safety procedures specified for kitchen and food servers.
- Ensures that the Department Operational Budget is strictly adhered to and monitor all costs and recommend / institute measures to control them.
- Ensures that all kitchen sanitation practices meet with hotel standards and local legislations.
- Is available and on duty during peak periods (frequently opening and closing the operation)
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.