Job description / Role
Client a well-known corporate services provider is looking to hire a Payment Collections Officer with strong debt recovery experience to join its Finance team in Dubai.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assisting in obtaining investigation summary of defaulters from various Government Authorities' e.g., Immigration checks.
• Providing AD-HOC reporting as and when requested.
• Following up with banks in coordination with Dubai Police to obtain defaulter’s bank report.
• Managing internal collections process, including identifying defaulters, contacting, and meeting them to recover
• Speaking to customers to negotiate payment plans and payment schedules that suit their current financial situation while
still satisfying the debt.
• Advising customers on their various payment options. If no payment agreement can be reached, collections officers
inform customers of further actions that may be taken to collect overdue debts.
• Following up on due invoices by telephone, email & reminder letter within agreed timelines as per collection/accounting policy.
• Advising on initiating repossession of premise based on overdue non-settlement. Prepare files for transfer to the external debt recovery appointed agencies, if required, and propose analysis for writing off irrecoverable debts.
• Monitoring & taking timely action on bounced cheques from customers as per collection policies as well as filing (collection safe) of physical bounced cheques.
• Performing any other reasonable administrative duties related to the credit control function, including filing and archiving.
• Preparing the collection target report and weekly consolidation and update.
• Executing company’s Credit Policy.
• 3 years of relevant Finance Collections / payment recovery experience. Minimum 1 year of experience in the UAE.
• Fluency in both English and Arabic is preferred.
• Excellent Communication and negotiation skills.
• Experience working escalations and reporting police cases.
• Currently based in UAE
About the Company
A leading consultancy in UAE.