Job description / Role
Reporting to the UAE Finance Director and with assistance/direction from the Finance Manager, the Commercial Management Accountant will be responsible for preparing the management accounts and analysing the financial performance and forecasts, of three distinct business units
The client is a worldwide advertising agency network, with its headquarters with more than 15,000 employees in over 80 countries.
The group is the regional network brand for the Middle East, and offers comprehensive and integrated marketing communication solutions.
The key areas of focus of the role would include:
* Preparation of monthly financial actuals and re-forecast for local management review. Presenting the data in a concise and informative way.
* Assisting the Finance Manager with the monthly close process. Posting the required closing entries in the P&L and helping to ensure the correct accounting treatment of costs.
* Preparation of the monthly balance sheet with supporting schedules and back-up.
* Liaising with the account management (client facing) teams to monitor job progress and the status of new business leads
* Reconciliation of the monthly billing reports. Ensuring revenue is correctly accounted for and consistent with job status.
* Following up on the status of Accounts Receivable and chasing up overdue balances. Monitoring and posting bank receipts.
* Assistance with preparing monthly and quarterly reporting materials for use by the regional and global management teams.
* Where appropriate, assisting with the operational requirements of the client teams. Helping to ensure timely billing of clients, set-up, and payment of suppliers, with appropriate approval.
* Overseeing the work of 1-2 junior members of staff who will assist with job creation and payments.
* Key point of contact for external auditor and other compliance requirements, with assistance from the Finance Manager.
The successful candidate for this role will be offered a competitive monthly salary, all-inclusive of basic, housing and transport allowances. Additionally, he/she will receive a bonus, medical insurance, and flight tickets. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant to further progress their career.
* Part qualified or recently qualified with recognised Accounting qualification
* Competent IT skills, especially with Microsoft Excel and one or more accounting packages
* Advertising or media experience desirable
* Good commercial outlook. An understanding of how operational decisions affect financial performance, and the role of the finance team in the business.
* Strong analytical skills and approach. Ability to process and interpret financial data and identify conclusions and necessary action.
* Very good interpersonal skills. A good listener who is willing and keen to challenge and discuss different issues with various stakeholders.
* Ability to prioritise and complete tasks to deadline
* Strong work ethic, natural curiosity, and a motivating desire to 'get things done'
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.