Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to work on a large hospitality project in one of the emirates of the UAE.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Managing sections of the works/contracts and being fully responsible and accountable for them.
• Managing client interaction.
• Having a greater involvement in life cycle costing and value engineering.
• Being responsible for estimating and cost planning activities.
• Managing the procurement process, ensuring that all stages including pre-qualification, inquiry, analysis, selection, and contract preparation.
• Managing the production of monthly reports.
• Applying value management techniques
• Managing cost variances and change control processes.
• Negotiating and agreeing on final accounts.
• Managing and chairing key meetings associated with their scope including consultants and contractors.
• Acting in a timely manner in producing information to ensure efficient operation of the management systems, and reporting procedures.
• Identifying opportunities to improve cost management procedures, templates, and products to improve services to clients.
• Sharing key information and learning generated.
• Identifying opportunities to improve internal systems and processes.
• Undertaking contract administration.
• You have 8 to 10 years of industry experience and have held a similar role for at least 3 years; relevant degree in quantity surveying, cost / commercial management; chartered member or on target to achieve membership status with RICS
• You are efficient in the use of CAD and all other software required to provide cost advise
• Able to provide concise contract and commercial advise to a client
• Strong skills in client and stakeholder management at a senior level and a strong communicator and presentation skills.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Commercial Manager - Fit-Out
Mohammed Al-Rashid Contracting Co. (MARCO)
|Saudi Arabia||29 Dec|
Contract / Commercial Manager
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Saudi Arabia||21 Dec|