Job description / Role
The Commercial Director role has been vacant in recent years and has been re-established to maximise on market opportunities and realise substantial growth of the Middle East operations in the next 2-3 years. This is a senior leadership role which reports to the Managing Director.
Working with the leadership team and the wider business, you will set the commercial strategy for Hays UAE, contributing to business growth through building relationships and maximising revenue streams with both existing and new business customers.
Key areas of responsibility include:
• Sales/Business development: New client wins for RPO, MSP, Project/Volume hiring
• Retention and growth of Key Accounts / Corporate Accounts: Planning and leading projects to support this
• Driving commercial excellence in Hays: Timely market insights and recommendations, development of business process and delivery methods to maximise efficiency and profitability, facilitate relevant training and business development initiatives.
What you'll need to succeed
• The successful applicant will have a proven sales background with excellent understanding of the recruitment sector and/or the outsourcing market in the Middle East.
• You will thrive on "connecting the dots"; building relationships, orchestrating resources and finding solutions to maximise market share. Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to recognise and act on opportunities of potential value is key.
• With training on Hays products, you need to be able to design commercial proposals by bringing together delivery models, pricing and the legal contract.
• Along with this you should be confident at making data driven decisions to set short, mid and long-term business development strategies
• Relationship and leadership skills are also important.
• You will regularly engage at a senior level with external stakeholders.
• In addition, you will be working collaboratively with leaders of our four different business streams, and leading teams pulled together from various internal Hays departments.
We are open to a variety of backgrounds for this role: someone currently in a Commercial lead/Business Development role for recruitment solutions is ideal. However, a high-performer in a recruitment consulting or account management role who is keen to take on a broader strategic role is also encouraged to apply. Depending on your level and background, this role could be Commercial Director, or Commercial Manager with a career path to Director.
About the Company
Hays is the leading global specialist recruiting group. We are the experts at recruiting qualified, professional and skilled people worldwide.
Our Middle East office was founded in December 2005, headquartered in Dubai UAE. We deal with clients in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and other key areas in the region. Our consultants sector-specific knowledge and unique understanding of the local market allows us to offer an exceptional level of service across all divisions.
We currently recruit for roles in the following sectors: Accounting & Finance, Architecture, Banking, Construction & Property, Engineering, Healthcare, Human Resources, Information Technology, Logistics, Legal, Office Support, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Supply Chain & Procurement, and Sales & Marketing.
As part of our continuing expansion, we have opened a dedicated Abu Dhabi desk to further assist with our client needs across the region.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality