Job description / Role
In a never before seen experience, Dubai Parks and Resorts hosts MOTIONGATE Dubai - a destination that brings visitors in direct contact with their favorite characters and stories. We are inviting everyone to play a part and as a team member of MOTIONGATE Dubai, you'll enjoy all the fun that comes with an exciting career. You'll work with a cast of amazingly talented and inspiring people in a job that's so immersive it hardly feels like work. Come and work with an exciting team where we all play a vital part in the story - whether you choose a role serving the delicious food, to maintaining equipment, performing in costume or operating a ride. Whatever your chosen vocation you will help tell compelling, enduring stories and create memories for our guests that will last a lifetime.
Play Your Part
In this role, you are assisting the Executive Chef, Culinary Sous Chef, and Team Leader Culinary Chef to develop standard recipes which allow the kitchen department to operate at an acceptable cost. Plan, prep, set up, and provide quality service in all areas of restaurants, but not limited to all menu items supplied by outlet kitchen. Displays and presentations of all items designated by Sous Chef for service. All mise-en-place completed to the satisfaction of supervisor and or Sous Chef. You will be able to follow the established recipe and plating guide provided, to exact specification Maintain and organize the station and equipment in a neat and orderly fashion to meet the Chef's expectation. Maintain and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Organize the sections with regard to mise en place production and its service.
- Work closely with the chef and execute directions as communicated following SOPs.
- Responsible for completing the daily checklist regarding mise-en-place and food storage.
- Maintain good colleague relations and motivate them while directing them through designated SOPs.
- Work to the specifications received by the respective Culinary Team regarding portion size, quantity, and quality as laid out with recipes.
- Attend meetings as requested by the Chef De Party.
- Check the main information board regarding changes in any Events or other information regarding the organization.
- Report any problems regarding the failure of machinery and small equipment to Commis I/ Demi Chef De Party/ Exec Sous Chef / Culinary Sous Chef and to follow up and ensure necessary work has been carried out.
- Pass all information to the next shift about functions, product levels, or other related business needs.
- Performing daily spot checks of all portioning tools and providing daily documentation and record-keeping of product spoilage.
- Cooking duties and related functions as well as ensuring high food quality levels per Motiongate Dubai Park standards.
- Maintaining a clean work area and ensuring compliance with the municipality HACCP Program.
- Understanding and actively participating in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established DPR policies, procedures, training, and Team Member involvement activities.
- Able to follow all Motiongate Dubai Park standards and HACCP guidelines.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Management Team.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- High school diploma or equivalent vocational training certificate.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- 2 years minimum in a five-star hotel or chain of restaurants or theme park.
- Solid Culinary Basics & Techniques.
- Working with multi-cultural teams.
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co-workers, and management to their understanding.
- College or any Culinary school graduate
- Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
- Competitor / best practice knowledge.
- Fluency in other languages
- Computer and Microsoft Office skills
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, annual flight allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014