Job description / Role
The HR Services Manager is responsible for the Group’s Compensation and Benefits, Payroll, PRO and HR Administration and Systems functions. The role has a strong focus on both operational delivery and effective team management ensuring outstanding levels of service to our internal customers within the Group. The role will ensure best practice, consistent process improvement, compliance, efficiency and effectiveness in all administrative functions to deliver a seamless experience.
• Contribute to the development of the overall HR Department annual strategy and plan as part of the HR Leadership Team.
• Responsible for the department planning and budgeting activities by developing detailed bottom up budgets in line with guidelines issued by the Finance Department.
• Monitor and review HR Services compliance with policies, procedures, SLAs and the HR Department Delegation of Authority Matrix.
• SAP superuser access and general management of SAP system requirements, deliverables, efficiencies, configuration and monitoring.
• Identify and monitor HR Services departmental KPI’s, set targets, monitor performance against plan and initiate the required action and plan should departmental performance not been meeting expectations against plan.
• Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders (internal and external to HR) to promote customer service and to improve levels of service/turnaround times.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Oversee the design, execution and delivery of the Group’s compensation and benefits philosophy, strategy and programs, provide consultative services and expertise on issues and concerns.
• Participate, as and when required, in the development of the policies and procedures framework that will allow the function to effectively meet its objectives and targets, in line with overall HR policies and procedures, and the Group's strategy and direction.
• Review and report to the CHCO/ HCD, the effectiveness of such policies and procedures, to identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
• Provide input on the Function's budget requirements to the CHCO/ HCD, and accordingly control expenses of the Reward Function, ensuring it stays within its operating budget.
• Design and maintain a competitive reward structure capable of attracting and retaining talent while remaining cost effective that is in line with relevant remuneration markets.
• Determine the competitive position of the Group’s compensation and benefits structure by analyzing market data, monitoring employee information, identifying leading industry and competitor practices and prepare recommendations accordingly.
• Define and oversee the benefit programs and policies across the Group and the BUs, including information gathering, understanding legislative requirements, implementation, periodic evaluation.
• Ensure effective implementation and communication of Compensation and Benefits programs in order to drive engagement and performance across the Group and the BU’s.
• Conduct periodic review of the grading structure and recommend changes to enhance the same in line with organizational changes and leading practices to ensure that the Group's grading structure remains appropriate.
• Lead the annual salary review and bonus allocation process.
• Provide subject matter expertise and oversee the implementation of new compensation programs, policies, processes and tools with a view towards creating operational efficiencies and improvements.
• Provide counsel to leadership, managers, Human Resources colleagues and associates on pay decisions, policies and guidelines.
• Manage and oversee the Group payroll, ensuring it is timely, accurate, consistent and adherent to policy, procedure and SLAs.
• Maintain accurate and compliant records of all Payroll related transactions in line with the Company’s record keeping standards. Conduct audits and spot checks of Payroll transactions and employee files periodically.
• Manage Payroll services in line with new and changing UAE Labor Law requirements, ensuring compliance ahead of time for any mandated changes.
• Provide inputs in to HR Policy, Procedure and SLA updates to ensure all HR services are aligned to best practice and delivering efficient and effective service to all customers.
• Establish and maintain long term relationships with key officials to facilitate dealings between the organization and Government ministries required to maintain Group operations (including employees, trade licenses, and permits).
• Monitor and take action in relation to the implication of changes in government rules and regulations, ensuring all are clearly communicated across the Group ahead of time and do not cause delay or business issues.
• Oversee and monitor payments to government departments e.g. fees, registrations, and ensure cost efficiency and effectiveness in all such processes.
• Manages the PRO team working together with Legal, Operations and Finance to obtain trade licenses on behalf of the Group (origination, renewal, cancellation).
• Oversees the preparation and submission of employees’ visa renewals, health checks, visa transfers, cancellations and other related matters to ensure timely resolution, minimum downtime, fines are avoided and all required stakeholders are engaged.
• Manage the team responsible for executing all employee lifecycle related actions, ensuring all are in accordance with approved policy and procedure, executed in line with SLAs, processing is accurate and clearly communicated.
• Monitors HR administration adherence to policy and procedure, rectifying where necessary and recommending changes as required.
• Monitor and report on all exceptionally approved requests across the Group and made recommendations on policy change or revision if necessary,
• Ensures the accuracy and availability of up to date employee records and data for all employee lifecycle activities.
• Conducts audits of employee files (online and manual) and HR actions to ensure strict adherence to policy and procedure unless otherwise approved in accordance with Company policy and legal requirements.
• Responsible for the safety, security and confidentiality of active and non-active employee files and passports in safe keeping.
• Conducts ongoing reviews of HR administration templates and communications across the Group to ensure they are in line with best practice, reflect up to date legislation and meet the needs of the employees.
• Responsible for the design and development of HR Operations dashboards and metrics for visibility and use by the wider HR team. Operational dashboards and metrics will assist the HR Business Partnering function to drive accountability with the end users.
• In coordination with relevant internal stakeholders, ensures that all relevant communications for HR Services are clear and accurate.
• Responsible for the management of petty cash funds related to HR activities including use, reconciliation and monitoring.
• First point of contact for internal HR team SAP related matters and first line resolution.
• Evaluate, manage, and ensure the right HR systems and modules are in place to support company growth.
• Responsible for providing leadership, planning, project coordination and management for the design and oversight of HR system initiatives.
• Manage and maintain (configuration, integration and support) firm-wide SAP HRMS; troubleshoot all issues and manage software upgrades and implementations.
• Serve as functional area expert to IT for programming and configuration of HRMS.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of HR reporting and metrics to provide insight to business decisions.
• Conduct audits and checks on data changes to ensure ongoing accuracy and processing diligence of direct team and those in the wider HR team.
• Recommend updates, changes and scopes new requirements for HR systems to support the Seddiqi Holding Group in alignment with its future growth plans and for compliance, regulatory and security reasons.
• Monitor HR system usage and reports on all discrepancies including unapproved requests, out of cycle payments, requests requiring manual intervention and others to ensure the highest possible system compliance and usage possible.
• Compiles system feedback and recommendations on behalf of the HR team and partners with IT to resolve or improve where possible.
PEOPLE MANAGEMENT & OTHER ACTIVITIES
• Manage teams working on and supporting key employee life cycle processes such as new starters, data management, absence management and leavers.
• Manage and resolve escalations from stakeholders and / or other parts of the HR department to ensure that issues are addressed in a timely fashion.
• Communicate and discuss the function’s guidelines and procedures with departmental employees to ensure responsibilities, authorities and accountabilities are clearly defined and understood.
• Provide guidance, support, leadership and management to employees in order to ensure effective and efficient flow of work, and ensures that all employees recognize their fundamental roles to achieve the Group’s overall organizational objectives.
• Ensures effective departmental performance through the selection, development, deployment and motivation of competent staff.
• Monitors staff performance, provides feedback and undertakes performance appraisals for all direct reports. Oversees performance appraisals for all other departmental staff.
AED 25,000 to 30,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
• Six Sigma or other similar business process improvement accreditation is a distinct advantage.
• CCP (Certified Compensation Professional) and CBP (Certified Benefits Professional) designation or working towards the designation.
EXPERIENCE IN THE FUNCTION
• 5-7 years of relevant experience in HR Operations/Services/Shared Services function.
• A minimum of 4 years of experience in compensation and benefits, specifically job evaluation, compensation and benefits analysis, and administration and quantitative modeling.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Management capacity, leading a customer service/ shared services/compliance related team or working with a multi-function HR Services team.
• SAP application implementation and working experience.
• Demonstrated experience of implementing HR administration best practices.
• Relevant Regional Payroll Management Experience.
• Knowledge of the UAE Labor Law
• Knowledge of relevant Government and regulatory body processes and procedures.
• Network/ contacts with key Government ministries
• Design and development of HR Services dashboards/metrics
• Employee lifecycle
FUNCTIONAL & TECHNICAL SKILLS
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and other applicable systems/software.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Strong ability to analyze data and information.
• Ability to audit and maintain high quality standards.
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
About the Company
One of the leading Recruitment Agencies in UAE.