Job description / Role
The Compliance Officer would provide an essential service to the Company by providing a regulatory oversight service to the company and its employees and by monitoring the firm’s activities to enable it to comply with the relevant laws, regulations and internal policies.
The Compliance Officer is required to work with the Company’s General Manager and other Compliance Managers within the group to identify and manage it’s the Company’s risk exposure by ensuring that the systems and controls which exist are effective and relevant in order to protect the firm from both internal and external risk factors, whilst encouraging a culture of compliance and ethical standards.
The purpose of the Compliance Officer role is to provide support to the firm by conducting the allocated responsibilities in an accurate and timely manner.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with all relevant internal policies and procedures
• Assist with Customer Due Diligence (CDD) reviews including trigger events and Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs)
• Undertake client screening and ongoing monitoring to include Conflict Checks, background or equivalent searches
• Review the output generated by the screening and monitoring activities.
• Develop, oversee and monitor the implementation of the Company’s compliance Program.
• Report to the General Manager on a regular basis to review progress on program implementation and assist with establishing improvement plans.
• Review employee Standards of Conduct and adherence to compliance internal and external rules.
• Assist the Finance Department in coordinating internal compliance review and monitoring activities.
• Investigate complaints and coordinate action plans with other departments.
• Access records relevant to compliance monitoring activities and report findings.
• Maintain a log of communications received relevant to compliance.
• Present written evaluations and reports to the General Manager and other Global Compliance Managers when required.
• Assist with conducting Internal Monitoring (CMP) of adherence to internal policies
• Continuous process improvement and sharing best practice
• Support with regulatory, audit and similar inspections
• Undertake Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
• Maintain Compliance Registers and adequate policies and manuals.
• Previous experience of processing client due diligence in a regulated or supervised environment
• Previous experience of client screening and monitoring activities
• Willingness to undertake a compliance qualification
• General interest in the regulatory environment and current affairs
• Experience with investigative and reporting procedures.
AED 5,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Excellent attention to detail
• Self-motivated with an appetite to learn
• Effective communication skills
• Planning and organizational skills
• Flexible, reliable, committed
• Team player, efficient
• Customer focused
About the Company
We are a company based in Dubai.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Legal & Compliance Assistant
RTC-1 Employment Services
Associate - Compliance Screening
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
A Leading Company In UAE