Job description / Role
Our client, a Private Bank based in Dubai, is looking for a Compliance Officer to assist the Chief Compliance Officer in a number of Compliance related activities. Our client, a Private Bank based in Dubai, is looking for a Compliance Officer to report directly to the Chief Compliance Officer and assist with:
* The designing and updating of Compliance policies, procedures, systems and controls;
* The compliance monitoring function to ensure that the Company and staff comply with all the legal, statutory, ethical and conduct requirements;
* To perform any other tasks and duties that might be assigned to the Employee from time to time.
* Cooperate with the business, operations and administrative areas in the identification and prevention of regulatory risk
* Monitor transactions made on behalf of the Company and of its clients to secure that no infringement of regulations and ethics occurs: suitability and appropriateness, best execution, conflicts of interest;
* To assist when required, the CO with the running of the AML function, encompassing: (a) client on-boarding due diligence; (b) ML Risk appraisal and periodic reviews; (c) transaction monitoring; and (d) regular training to staff
* Pre-trade and post-trade checks
* Periodic reviews on AML transactions
* Administration of customer records and Company database. Amend customer records as necessary to ensure the Company static date is always accurate and up to date.
* Ensuring customer correspondence files are accurate and complete
* Control of account opening documentation, including the archiving and maintenance of the central filing system
* Opening of customer accounts in the system, closing, amendments and blocking of accounts
* Proposal of new improvement solutions
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
* Graduate with 5+ years of banking/compliance experience.
* Good knowledge and understanding of local regulatory rules and legislation, and various international requirements.
* Computer literate and good command over spoken and written English.
* Efficient and logical approach to problem solving
* Specific and / or transferable knowledge / experience related to compliance / AML / Central Bank regulations.
About the Company
Robert Walters is one of the world's largest specialist professional recruitment consultancies with 53 offices spanning 24 countries.
We've helped thousands of professionals find permanent, contract and interim roles with leading global corporations, small to medium sized companies and innovative start ups. Our specialist recruitment focus includes: accountancy and finance, banking, engineering, operations, legal, IT, sales, marketing, procurement & logistics, HR and support/administration.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Assistant Manager AML Transaction Monitoring - UAE National
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|