Job description / Role
Middle East Executive are currently working with a large holding group with multiple business units throughout the Middle East, who are looking for a Compliance Officer to be based at their head office in Dubai.
The role is to contribute to the operation of the Information Security Department by ensuring operations within law and meets regulatory standards, create, develop, and maintain policies and procedures against industry best practices and ever-changing threat landscape. Specific areas of responsibility involve ensuring compliance to ISMS for ISO 27001 certification and new certifications, performing due diligence checks, suggesting improvements to internal documentation, risk management and maintaining up to date repositories of all compliance documentation.
• Develop and implement an effective information security legal compliance program
• Define sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them.
• Administrate and manage both internal and external audits.
• Be an integral part of the procurement process by performing Due diligence checks on solutions before procurement.
• Proactively perform internal assessments on processes, practices, and documents to identify weaknesses.
• Evaluate IT activities to assess compliance risk.
• Collaborate with external and internal auditors and assist the Information security manager in the overall audit process.
• Maintain the ISMS documentation and processes required for ISO 27001.
• Maintain and update all risk management documentation.
• Set plans to manage a crisis or compliance violation.
• Keep abreast of internal standards and business goals.
Job Knowledge & experience required:
• Solid understanding of a range of compliance, regulatory, and legal requirements and relevant principles, best practices, and standards across multiple industries (e.g., PCI, SOX, GLBA, CSA, NIST, ISO, IEEE, FedRAMP, HIPAA, and TCG)
• Good understanding of Enterprise IT infrastructure and applications.
• Previously assessed, developed, and implemented, operationalized, and documented comprehensive security technologies and processes
About the Company
The Middle East Executive Group has become the first choice for industry professionals wanting to work in the Gulf region.
We understand exactly how supply chain performance and sales performance impacts the bottom line and top line of product led businesses and we have the experience, network & expertise to match skilled professionals with exciting new roles that suit their experience, passion and drive in this highly strategic industry.
Our specialist teams internally are;
- Commercial Management & Sales
- Supply Chain & Logistics
- Strategic HR
The industries we focus on are;
- 3PL / Freight Forwarding
- Food & FMCG
- Medical & Pharmaceutical
SFM Corporate Services
Compliance Officer / MLRO / Risk Officer
Compliance Officer (DFSA)