Job description / Role
Growing multinational bank in the DIFC is looking to grow its lean team with an experienced Compliance Officer & Deputy MLRO. We are seeking an experienced compliance professional currently in a position in a DFSA regulated bank that would be interested in an all-encompassing, generalist compliance role.
Our client is a growing multinational bank that is investing heavily in developing its presence in Dubai and the Middle East.
The key responsibilities of the Compliance Officer & Deputy MLRO include, but are not limited to:
* Assist with monitoring and providing assurance that internal Compliance policies and procedures are complied with;
* Assess the compliance of all innovative projects/products, anticipating and managing conflicts of interest;
* Participate in ensuring compliance by the Dubai Branch with local laws and regulations in force concerning anti-money laundering and counter-terrorist financing and the handling of sanctions and embargoes and arrange accordance with the competent corporate units, appropriate initiatives with regard to any identified gaps/issues;
* Perform operational activities in connection with legally required activities, such as keeping registers (insider list, conflict of interest register, etc.) and preparing reports and communications (reports concerning market abuse, etc.)
* Prepare reports concerning the adequacy of the compliance policies and mechanisms. On an annual basis, reports will include the identification and assessment of compliance risks and the planning of compliance risk management activities. On a biannual basis, reports will include the description of the activities performed, the critical situations found and the remedial actions identified.
* Strong total compensation package
* Opportunity to gain a lot of exposure working directly alongside the CCO
* Opportunity to join a bank at a crucial time of growth and development
Candidates that will be seriously considered for the Compliance Officer & Deputy MLRO position will have the following qualifications:
* 4-7 years of experience in a compliance position within a DFSA regulated bank
* Generalist compliance experience preferred so candidates currently sitting in small team will have priority
* Western educated candidates will have priority
* Exceptional written and verbal communication skills a necessity
About the Company
Michael Page is one of the world’s leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.