Job description / Role
Reports to: CEO.
Direct Reports: TBC
Location: Director of Compliance, Abu Dhabi / Associate Director and Senior Manager, Dubai
At J. Awan & Partners, we believe in challenging the status quo every day, delivering seamless excellence to our customers across the world. We challenge the status quo by making tailor-made solutions to meet the specific requirements of our client’s business interests, delivering our solutions to their needs with effective simplicity. We understand that time is precious and as such our tailor-made solutions are simple to understand, simple to embed and simple to use. Do you want to join our team?
We are a fast-growing GRC consulting and technology organization with a presence in several countries including the UAE, Canada, KSA, Pakistan and Qatar. We provide Regulatory Compliance, AML, Risk Management, Regulatory Finance, Training, Internal Audit and Technology services to a large number of clients including global, regional and local financial services institutions, governments and other industry partners. As part of our global expansion plan, we are now looking for ambitious and agile leaders with a strong background in compliance to join our Abu Dhabi and Dubai teams.
You will be responsible to the CEO for managing a portfolio of client mandates and assisting us to build and executing our growth plans. The role requires converting existing company relationships to business in the Dubai and the wider UAE and supporting clients with structuring and executing industry leading regulatory compliance and anti-money laundering programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Business development
You will be responsible for:
Leading the company to leverage our global relationships to source and secure new business.
Onboarding new clients to increase the companies’ brand and market share within the UAE.
Strengthening our existing client relationships through ensuring that our stakeholder management strategy is industry leading.
Inspiring people and our clients (new, existing, and potential) by being an ambassador promoting J. Awan & Partners at relevant industry and promotional events.
2. Compliance and AML Responsibilities
Deliver all necessary regulatory license/s for our clients in the most efficient and effective manner.
Function as a high-performing outsourced Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer to our clients.
Function as the trusted competent liaison officer with the relevant regulator for clients in your portfolio.
Provide outstanding day to day support to clients in executing compliance deliverables.
Draft, implement and manage industry leading compliance and anti-money laundering policies and procedures.
Provide training on compliance, AML and corporate governance topics.
Keep abreast of relevant laws, rules and regulations and ensuring that any changes to these are reported and reflected in the relevant policies, procedures and compliance programs immediately.
3. Personal Responsibilities
Display the leadership qualities that ensure the J. Awan & Partners culture and brand are strong, understood and trusted by our colleagues and our clients.
Support the business to attract, train and retain best in market talent for its UAE and global presence.
Provide coaching and development support to team members ensuring our people are well equipped, well engaged, and well rewarded for high-performance and loyalty.
J. Awan & Partners seek a dynamic leader who is looking to take their career to the next level within a forward-thinking company with significant growth aspirations. A goal orientated, high achieving, motivational individual with a zest for life are the essential attributes for this role. At J. Awan & Partners we believe in providing an environment where you can fully express your unique talents and we deliver unparallel learning and development opportunities for those who share our vision.
Experience (essential to any successful application)
- Significant demonstrable experience in dealing with regulatory authorities within the UAE and wider MENA region.
- 8-10 years’ overall industry experience with 4 or more years of direct compliance experience within the financial services industry.
- Direct experience in creating and implementing regulatory compliance programs within a successful financial services organization.
- All applicants must be ADGM / DIFC / CBUAE appointed persons.
- A highly capable individual who is able to overcome challenges and adapt to new ways of working to deliver results.
- Proven ability in building partnerships, collaborating, and influencing clients, team members and regulators.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively interact at all levels within the firm and with clients and regulators.
- Highly motivated self-starter with demonstrable ability to work independently and problem solve.
- Demonstrable organizational and time management skills.
- Significant will and ability to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree from a leading university with concentration preferably in law, finance, accounting or economics.
- Candidates with CAMS, CISI or ICA certifications are highly desired.
About the Company
We rely on the professionalism of our people and focus on our client's success and our long term relationship with them. Each member of our team follows the ethical standards expected of management consultants. In particular, we have adopted the code of ethics followed by members of the United States Institute of Management Consultants.
Financial Crime and Compliance Manager - Forensic Advisory Services
ManpowerGroup Middle East
Finance Business Partner
Junior Finance Manager
A Leading Consultancy In UAE