Job description / Role
Computer Science Specialist/Teacher (Secondary), United Arab Emirates
We are seeking a Computer Science Specialist/Teacher to be part of a professionally dynamic, supportive and forward thinking learning community.
The successful candidate must:
• Have a degree in Computer Science or a similar discipline
• Know Python (or Java) programming language and be able to program in it
• be passionate and be abreast of current topics and trends in Computer Science and in technology.
• Be familiar with software development process and how different domains within the discipline of Computer Science influence products and services in the world
• Have 2 year or more experience in the UK or overseas preferably in a British or IB curriculum school (IGCSE/IB Diploma/A Level)
• Be able to guide and influence the Computer Science curricula in line with modern technology and trends
• Preferably have experience as a programmer/Software Developer in the industry
• Have a good ability to utilize IT to support teaching and learning
• Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
• Be a reflective practitioner with the ability to think creatively and innovate
• Be a positive and enthusiastic member of staff
• Be willing to be involved in extra-curricular activities
• Most importantly of all, fully subscribe to the maxim that “all complex decision-making be based on what constitutes best practice for the child”.
Our Family of Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must have undergone child protection screening and any offer of appointment will be subject to such checks.
• Preferably have a post-graduate qualification in education (such as PGCE/ GTP), with QTS
• Have 2 years or more experience in the UK or overseas preferably in a British or IB curriculum school (IGCSE/IB Diploma/A Level)
About the Company
A government entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah.