Job description / Role
The place to savour life! At Mövenpick, we believe indulgence isn't a privilege - it's a crucial ingredient in our recipe for happiness. Savouring life's natural pleasures brings fulfillment, appreciation and positivity. When you smile at life, life smiles back
The knowledge of a great Concierge is the expectation of our guests when staying in our property. The ability to anticipate guest needs and make informed suggestions will ensure they have a truly memorable stay. Acting as a liaison between the guest and the team, you help ensure not only the guests enjoy their experience but assist in making all requests as seamless as possible.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests in a courteous and polite manner.
- Anticipate guest needs.
- Recognize and cultivate regular guests and repeat business.
- Recommend our restaurants and facilities as first option.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- Appear in uniform for all shifts and promotional activities.
- Gathers preferences and profile information of guests and records them in the trace report.
- Demonstrates power to solve guest problems by assisting the guest and alerting the supervisor of any complaints. Promptly inform management of any complaint, comments or incident.
- Makes every effort to learn guest names.
- Maintains current information on entertainment, transportation, restaurants, clubs, attractions etc. and ensure that information is provided and readily available to guests. Ensures and maintains proper updates during holidays and peak travel periods.
- Manage pre-arrival experience from time of reservation until guest checks in.
- Monitor all VIPs, special guests and their respective requests.
- Promptly responds to requests for dentist, doctors, child care, florist, and any other services requested.
- Retrieves supplies from storeroom as needed and stocks accordingly
- Summons Bell service team members to escort guests to/from their rooms as appropriate
- Understand your role in contributing to RPS scores, Trip Advisor reviews and any other social media review sites
- Arranges and confirms recreation, business and dining activities both inside and outside the hotel
- Be able to provide accurate direction to the hotel and be familiar with the surrounding areas of the hotel.
- Daily tasks assigned on a checklist not excluding additional tasks determined by management. Resolves guest challenges throughout their stay in the hotel.
- Promotes hotels services and amenities and maintains the utmost level of phone etiquette while dealing with guest and internal customers.
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication skills and a professional presentation
- Ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required. Opera System experience preferred.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekends, holidays , morning, and evening shift
- English verbal, written and communication skills
Your team and working environment:
- Tight-knit, inclusive, detail-oriented, and knowledgeable teammates
- Supportive team always willing to work together to complete the task at hand
- Cohesive teams with the ability to be successful with and without direct supervision
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BeLimitless
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.