Job description / Role
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To provide accurate information concerning hotel facilities , venues and functions and to handle all guest inquiries.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist guests with all inquiries, both hotel and non-hotel related
- Conduct and attend effective shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known
- Maintain good relationship with Airport Concierge
- Maintain good relationship with retailers and other service providers within the vicinity and ensure that information on their promotions are up to date
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the activities of the day and of key occurrences in your city/location including directions to key points of interests, restaurants, theatres, shopping, cinemas, sporting and recreational facilities, banks, consulates, transport systems and special events
- Maintain adequate supplies of forms and brochures and ensure they are presented in line with the hotel's operating standards
- Consult Log Book for information/requests left by outgoing shift
- Manage incoming guest mail, messages, facsimiles and special deliveries
- Manage all transportation requests
- Manage outgoing guest mail, courier services and parcel postage as requested by guests
- Maintain order and security of guest keys and other selected keys kept in Front Office, ensuring key issue policy is followed
- Receive telephone calls and take messages for guests who are out
- Conducts all of the above in accordance with the hotel's policy, while adhering to Raffles Behavioural Standards
- Good English language verbal communication skills
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers and managers as part of a team
- Ability to be attentive to guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with hotel residents and patrons
- Ability to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Secondary/High School education
- Minimum two years' experience as a Concierge or in a related position
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.