Job description / Role
Construction Arbitration Solicitor Leading Firm 3-7 Pqe Dubai
The specialist construction team is led by three Chamber's rated partners and has many years experience as a core group within the firm. You will be advising on contentious construction and commercial arbitration matters predominantly in the UAE and across the Gulf.
You will have a very varied client base including property developers, main contractors, infrastructure developers, energy companies, major retailers, Consultants, leading transport organisations, power generation companies, water companies and contractors, industrial manufacturers and service providers, environmental undertakings, Waste disposal, Wind farms, PFI/PPP and Telecommunications.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
- To manage a caseload of mainly contentious construction matters;
- To assist partners with advisory work during project construction phase;
- To draft and negotiate a wide variety of building/ engineering contracts;
- To provide advice on warranties, guarantees and appointment documentation;
- To assist partners in delegation of work to and supervision of juniors in team;
- To work closely with clients and continually developing the aptitude to foster long term client relationships; and
- To actively participate in practice group business development.
- The right individual for this position will have at least 3 years post qualification experience of contentious construction work gained at a recognised practice with excellent academics and training at a top law firm.
- You will have the ability and commitment to be based in Dubai and travel around the Gulf regularly.
- You will ideally be qualified as a lawyer in the UK, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
About the Company
Our Middle East consultants focus on placing partners, lawyers and paralegals in the Gulf. We have specialist experience and knowledge in the private practice and in-house markets. In the last 5 years, we've placed over 80 lawyers in the UAE, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia. Our consultants split their time between the UK and the Middle East. This means they'll understand the culture of your organisation and project your values when sourcing candidates from our global platform.