Job description / Role
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Construction/Logistics Manager will be responsible for the following: island-wide logistics planning and monitoring; construction RFI review, response and inspection; asset adoption facilitation on behalf of the Master Developer; minor commercial / contract review, procurement and estimating; and security supervision and emergency planning.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Support the Project Manager as required and fill in during PM absence or as directed.
• Manage service contracts, work orders, contractor payment, variations/change orders.
• Develop scope of work for infrastructure maintenance contracts.
• Review and certify contractor payment requests/invoices.
• Execute plans for Construction and Logistics Details and draft Employer’s Instructions as required.
• Manage infrastructure maintenance (O&M) service providers/ related agreements.
• Attend construction related meetings with the Developers.
• Perform construction RFI analysis.
• Draft No Objection Certificate (NOC) letters for Client review and execution. Provide follow up coordination as required.
• Prepare / present weekly reports to the Client.
• Manage island-wide incident/accident reporting to Client and Stakeholders.
• Hoarding/Security management.
• Perform other responsibilities as required to support the Client and project team requirements.
• Degree (BSc or MSc) in Engineering, Construction Management, Logistics Management or Project Controls.
• Minimum 15-20 years of career experience in engineering and construction in relation to infrastructure, buildings and/or master plan development projects.
• Previous logistics and project controls experience are highly desirable.
• Operations and maintenance contract experience is desirable.
• UAE experience preferred with particular experience in interacting with Municipal agencies within Abu Dhabi.
• Self-motivated and can work without significant supervision.
• Proven leadership skills and experience communicating with VVIP and executive level Clients.
• Working knowledge of the following software: MS Office Suite, Primavera, MS Project, AutoCAD, Adobe Acrobat Pro/DC.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Commitment to quality and safe work practices.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.