Job description / Role
Our client, an international large construction firm, is looking for a Construction Project Manager who will be responsible for the management of the Contractor, Construction Supervision Consultant and the Construction Managers.
The chosen candidates will have the following responsibilities:
• Leading and motivating the Construction Management Delivery Teams.
• Proactively managing Consultants, Sub-Consultants Contractors and project participants.
• Ensuring continual compliance with overall project delivery strategies.
• Ensuring all parties are performing in accordance with their contracted services and their duties agreed under the responsibility matrix.
• Ensuring continual compliance with program procedures and agreed on reporting systems.
• Early identification of strategy or procedural inefficiencies and develop revisions to the PMP.
• Evaluating the progress of the Construction Methodology & Schedules for each package and taking necessary actions with relevant parties for deviations and time slippage.
• Ensuring the Safety Management System is being strictly adhered to.
• Ensuring that QA/QC procedures and standards are being implemented and followed.
• Managing the preparation of the Construction Managers Monthly Report.
• Reviewing the Contractor’s submitted Monthly Reports.
• Managing the Contractor and CSC in full compliance with the Project Health and Safety plan.
• Ensuring perceived project risks are communicated to the Project Director and delivery teams.
• Monitoring and reviewing Consultants / Contractors performance and give regular, objective feedback on progress and deal immediately with poor performance.
To be considered for this role, you need to meet the following criteria:
• Bachelor degree in engineering; Architect or Civil Engineer.
• Have an international professional membership to accredited institution
• Fluent in English and knowledge in Arabic is a plus but not mandatory
• Must have 15 years of experience, including 5 years in the UAE and Abu Dhabi in a similar position
• Must have PMC experience in the UAE of at least 5 years
• Experience within heritage or cultural, hospital, hotel or other complex projects
• Exposed to end-to-end project cycle in a high value and complex projects with expert knowledge of project management
• Must have project managed the construction phase of a bespoke, one of a kind, complex structure before (ideally as a PMC but having Contractor background may also be considered)
• Experience in managing a construction supervision consultant highly desirable (rather than working for a construction supervision consultant In combination with a PMC).
• Must be technically competent to manage complex design and construction issues
Disclaimer: Black Pearl will never ask for money or any form to charge our candidates just to process or consider their application for any of our available vacancies. If you happen to receive such request from any members of our staff or other individuals claiming to be part of Black Pearl, please do call our office.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.