Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
Line of Service Overview
Our Middle East Assurance practice includes nearly 1,600 people based in 12 countries across the region and is part of PwC's global network of over 91,000 assurance professionals operating from 157 countries worldwide. We've delivered audit and assurance services in the region for over 40 years. Our people are aligned to different industry teams, so our clients can be confident that they will receive advice which is tailored around the unique challenges and opportunities that they encounter.
Business Unit Overview
Due to the rapid growth of our Capital Markets team, we currently have opportunities for an ambitious and highly motivated Senior Manager with a proven track record of high quality delivery of client projects. We would like to hear from a Senior Manager with experience of working on Capital Market projects and in finance (ACA preferred). Key areas required in the experience are IPO readiness, IPO reporting accountant work on GCC/US/UK IPOs and comfort letter work on bond projects. Any IFRS accounting advisory experience would be a plus but optional.
- You will be required to possess strong project management skills as the delivery role requires client management, team management of up to 6-7 people, coaching and resource management on a portfolio of clients. A key part of delivery will be the creation, review and delivery of complex client deliverables which will include executive level reporting through to detailed design documentation.
- You will be expected to actively support the Partner/ Director in working on business development in identifying and converting new opportunities across the region for capital markets work.
- Demonstrate where the candidate has a proven business development track record.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends in Capital Markets regulations, global IPOs, regional GCC IPOs and other related capital markets developments and the impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market
- The role also requires that the candidate is able to collaborate with colleagues across different competences within the capital markets area including a thorough understanding of UK/US/European comfort letter process on ECM/DCM deals, US IPO/SPAC transactions UK/GCC IPO reporting accountant diligence process.
- The role requires strong internal controls (SOX/ICFR) to be able to assess them as part of IPO readiness and to help client remediate control gaps / findings.
- The role increasingly requires ESG reporting and Integrated Reporting experience to help companies assess their state of ESG readiness as part of IPO readiness and more broadly as well and to help them with implementing ESG reporting.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate;
- Working with PwC teams in the UK/US on capital market transactions involving those jurisdictions.
- As a Senior Manager in the team, the role includes wider practice management responsibilities which will include coaching, training and mentoring junior staff, competency development and market eminence activities.
- The role sits within a rapidly growing part of PwC's Capital Markets team within our CMAAS Middle East practice. You will be an integral part of the team responsible for the delivery of capital market projects across a range of sectors. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Accounting, Finance etc.
- Mandatory qualifications: The following qualification(s) are mandatory for the candidate to perform the role: ACA
- Preferable qualifications: The following qualification(s) are preferable and beneficial for the candidate to perform the role but not must (any legal qualification that could support in capital markets work)
- Years of Experience : 5-7 years of relevant experience working in the Capital Markets team of an accounting firm such as the big four supplemented by initial experience on accounting/auditing projects.
- Currently working as an experienced Manager or Senior Manager in an accounting firm's capital markets or controls and reporting team.
- In-depth understanding of listing rules in the region and certain key international markets such as the UK and SEC rules.
- Strong experience with internal controls (SOX/ICOFR) review and implementation as part of IPO readiness or other broader projects.
- It will be a strong differentiator if the candidate has ESG reporting experience with particular focus on assessing reporting gaps, governance/controls around ESG reporting, assessing data quality and helping companies in implementing ESG reporting using international guidelines.
- Implementation experience: IPO readiness and IPO remediation projects focusing on supporting companies with financial reporting, governance and IPO execution such as FPPP and working capital reporting.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise workload whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- In addition to expected skills around MS word, PowerPoint, excel etc, any skills around digital tools such as Altryx, Power BI etc would be a plus.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English (Bilingual multilingual Arabic speaking is a plus).
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
Up to 60%
Available for Work Visa Sponsorship?
Government Clearance Required?
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.