Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
The Chief of Staff Act works alongside the Middle East Consulting leader and assists in facilitating effective decision-making and also in the coordination of the execution of strategic initiatives. This role encompasses strategy through to execution and requires both an analytical, but also deeply pragmatic capability set.
The Consulting Leader Chief of Staff is responsible for providing input into the strategic direction of the other LoS PPS function to ensure alignment in forward looking objectives. They also provide coaching and monitoring of these functions at a high level.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Helping to develop strategic priorities by assisting the ME Consulting Leader to identify the areas where he must direct his focus and identifying metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
- Strategically managing a leader's time: working with his assistant, looking at long term travel calendar, evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities.
- Creating & updating dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings to ensure the leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary.
- Reviewing internal and external communications as required: coordinating and assisting in the drafting newsletters, reports, speeches or presentations for the ME Consulting Leader.
- Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring the ME Consulting Leader's involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Managing the meeting agenda for the Consulting Partner meeting, Executive Leadership team, the Business Unit and Country Leaders Quarterly Business Reviews meetings and other leadership meetings as required, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time spent if optimised, objectives are achieved and amy minutes recorded.
- Participates in programme management, which involves duties on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis by having oversight of the large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
- For specific projects, being responsible for the programme management, organising and gathering information from various departments and meetings and reporting that information, along with recommendations, to executive members. Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Coordinate with LoS MERC to understand project pipeline realisation, dependencies and interdependencies and analyse against the delivery capacity to ensure a consistent approach to operational activities/decisions.
- Responsible for delegated activities and represent / support the LoS Lead, COO and BU Leads as appropriate on a range of strategic and operational matters;
- Evaluate MERC resources to ensure the availability of the necessary skills and expertise and to realise staff potential. Ensure that all new MERC staff are inducted and trained on PwC's policies, procedures and standards
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required for the strategic assistance for the ME Consulting Leader.
- Thorough understanding and experience in the consulting industry
- Strong stakeholder management and demonstrable influencing skills particularly with very senior leadership; proven track record of working within complex stakeholder networks.
- A strong problem-solver and able to work calmly under pressure.
- Strong project management skills; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and deliver projects on time, sometimes to strict deadlines
- Comfortable managing and leading people including being able to delegate effectively and appropriately
- A strong understanding of business and current affairs including a thorough knowledge of the economic, political and business drivers impacting the Consulting LoS and professional services in particular.
- Strategic cost reduction / value creation
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.