Job description / Role
Line of Service
Economics and Policy
Job Description & Summary
PwC Global Overview
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
PwC Middle East Overview
Established in the region for over 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 5,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Palestine and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market, and beyond.
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including (Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisation, Economics and Sustainability and Technology)
Business Unit and Role Overview
You will be working within the Economics and Sustainability team (E&S). We are an analysis-driven team that uses economic principles and techniques to support the strategy and policy making process. We help governments and private sector organisations make better decisions, grounded in robust and compelling evidence. We provide the necessary foresight that help make and deliver critical business decisions and investments. We work across the Middle East for clients in a range of sectors, including but not limited to central government, real estate, energy and utilities, transport and health.
The work we typically undertake includes:
- Economic and fiscal policy analysis and development
- Socio-economic impact assessment
- Economic and financial modelling / forecasting
We are a new and rapidly growing business unit, capitalising on changing trends in the regional market. The team offers you the opportunity to develop and apply your knowledge of economics in a commercial environment to solve important problems for our public and private sector clients.
- Masters (preferable) - Economics and/or Public Policy
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or Econometrics
Years of Experience
- 3 - 9 years of experience in a similar industry / role, preferably at a Big 4 or consulting firm
- Experience working as an Economist in an external consulting environment
- Experience in economic impact analysis or related modelling techniques, such as input-output modelling, CGE modelling
- Experience in application of econometrics and statistical techniques to policy and investment decision making
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google Suite is mandatory and experience in working with Stata, R, EViews, PowerBI, Tableau, or ThinkCell is preferred
- Proven ability to structure issues and use analytical skills to solve complex problems
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience through written and oral communication
- Experience working within teams and leading projects
- Proven commitment to continuous learning
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we’ve set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We’re a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We’re striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we’re proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone’s uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you’re looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you’re a future PwCer.