Job description / Role
Line of Service
Banking and Capital Markets
Job Description & Summary
The Financial Services (FS) consulting team provides a full range of services to our Banking & Financial Services clients, including Strategy and Revenue Growth, Operational Excellence, Customer/Front-Office transformation, Risk consulting, AI led Technology Transformation, Technology enablement and Data & Analytics.
The Integration Management Office (IMO) is a core group of professionals who drive the program management of the Post-Merger Integration (PMI) and help create the 'Integration thesis and roadmap', 'operating model alignment', 'right value creation', 'sound process and systems' and 'people and culture alignment'.
At a high level, our FS PMI practice help banking clients to program manage end-to-end PMI activities cycle including strategy building, overall plan creation and management for the following key milestones:
- Overall PMI plan preparation with all critical milestones, evaluation criteria and potential risks and mitigation steps.
- Cut Over and Data Migration.
- International Integration.
- Communication strategy.
- PMI Campaign management.
- Source and lead PMI engagement as a member of the core deal team.
- PMI engagement execution activities :
- Establish due diligence and PMI approach for both smaller acquisitions and larger more complex banks transactions.
- Manage the end-to-end PMI process, including creating the integration plan, organizing teams, defining governance and reporting mechanism, managing and highlighting execution risks whilst project managing the ongoing integration for banks.
- Manage cross-functional teams including Legal, Finance, People, IT, Product, Operations, Corporate Communications, and Marketing to define and execute the integration plan.
- Identify roles and responsibilities for integration team members.
- Regularly report on progress, milestones, and risks associated with each integration.
- Identify integration issues and risks, and work with cross-functional teams to drive decisions and implement solutions.
- Be able to deal with and act as the central point of contact for various senior stakeholders including within the bank, external (other vendors operating within the integration ecosystem).
- Be adept in designing the strategy and execution plan for PMI Cut-Over and Data Migration activities.
Working with PMI core team
- Work with Partners to support internal thought leadership development on industry specific offerings.
- Develop propositions and impart this knowledge to Senior Managers, Managers, Senior Consultants and Consultants.
- Coach and mentor junior resources around PMI activities and global banking trends leading to PMI activities.
- Work with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Lead and support in the pursuit processes including contributing in quality proposal creation, budget preparation and sharing insights on the competitive advantages.
Other core skills
- Keep up to date with current trends from the region and from across the world. Demonstrate teamwork and responsibility with the engagement team members; stay abreast of current business and economic developments relevant to the client's business; and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness of services provided.
- Whilst being an integral part of the PMI team, you will be responsible for building and shaping the team, you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other Financial Services experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- 15+ years of consulting experience.
- Able to effectively lead the due diligence and PMI processes on multiple projects at the same time, with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to think both strategically and tactically, persistent attention to detail, and ability to work with a high degree of fluidity and ambiguity.
- Confident leading meetings, making decisions, documenting progress, tracking action items, and responding quickly to inquiries.
- An expert with PMI methodologies and tools.
- Demonstrates high emotional intelligence and strong business acuity.
- Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills. Able to interact effortlessly with senior executives, junior team members, and outside professional advisors, with the ability to calibrate based on the audience.
- BA in Finance or related field; MBA is a plus.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East and worldwide where the project dictates.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), particularly ability to articulate concepts and recommendations in written form (PowerPoint reports, data visualisation etc.).
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.