Job description / Role
Line of Service
IFS - Knowledge Management
Job Description & Summary
A career in Knowledge Management will provide you with the opportunity to play an integral part of knowledge sharing across the PwC network so that we can continually provide better service to our clients. You'll help organise and manage various sources of information as well as provide research support for internal and external clients.
As as Manager within the
ME Consulting Knowledge Management (KM) function, you will managing KM operational activities, provide or facilitate KM support to Business Units and Engagement Teams as required:
- Support KM Leader in KM policy implementation and oversight
- Align with KM Leader and KM Specialist/s on KM Function focus areas and latest updates
- Participate in regular catch-up calls with the wider ME Consulting Transformation team
- Help BUs and project teams in finding facilitators and interviewers needed for applying different KM tools (e.g. Retrospects, Knowledge Harvesting Interviews, Knowledge Exchanges)
- Respond to queries submitted via Consulting Knowledge Hub (CKH) contact form(s), and escalate as necessary to the relevant BU KM Champion or Knowledge Owner
- Monitor employees in each BU who are leaving the Firm (by getting regular updates from BU Resource Managers), and flag to KM Leader and Specialist/s names that need a BU KM Champion or Knowledge Owner replacement
- Monitor and manage application of KM tools in client projects (i.e. know which projects are applying what tools, and suggest use of optional tools, if applicable)
- Engage and coordinate with BU KM Champions regarding application of KM tools by their BUs, and support them in handling any KM support requests received from project teams
- Communicate to BUs any changes in criteria for application of KM tools in client projects
- Monitor time charged by project teams on the KM iPower code, and ensure alignment with 'Project KM Update' Google form
- Ensure documentation needed for obtaining the ISO standard is available (i.e. ensure project teams are using standard templates when applying KM tools)
- Support KM Function in organising User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to identify missing content or functionalities in CKH as well as collating and managing this feedback
- Report to KM Leader and KM Specialist/s any technical glitches related to CKH, KM e-learning modules, KPIs-related dashboards, reporting tools, etc.
KM Performance Management
- Track and report KM KPI results to KM Leader including KPI results related to application of KM tools by project teams, TalentLink profiles' completion rates, CKH engagement levels, KM e-learning modules completion rates, etc.
- Support in running annual BU KM events, and consolidation of insights and feedback collected
- Support KM Leader in KM function development
- Schedule and facilitate regular catch-up calls with BU KM Champions
- Oversee KM Function budget (including bills related to 3rd parties supporting us with platform development/design support, etc.), and manage team leave plan including BU KM Champions leaves
- Assist in the selection of new BU KM Champions and Knowledge Owners if and when needed
- Assist in the selection and supervision of new KM Function members if and when needed
- Align with organisers of the FftF induction and Consulting New Joiner Webex on dates and timings of KM introductory sessions, and oversee the delivery of these sessions
- Collate KM corner material (i.e. case-studies, KPIs etc.) for the ME Consulting New Bulletin and and ensure it is sent on time
Skills & Capabilities
- Good understanding of KM tools and approaches, and their application to meet business requirements
- Intellectually curious with an interest in knowledge management
- Works effectively with Business Units and colleagues from related functions (e.g., IT, learning and development) across the enterprise
- Creative and self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills (thinks outside the box)
- Strong facilitator, change agent, and communicator (i.e. an experienced consultant)
- Able to think strategically in terms of culture, behavior, business processes, and tools
- Strong operations management oversight and "hands on" skills as needed
- Clear and up-to-date understanding of the business situation and processes so can help allocate resources and support in response to changing priorities
- Bachelor's Degree Required - Masters is preferred
- Overall 10 years of experience
- Past experience of establishing or running an operational function will be an asset
- Ability to work in both English & Arabic is preferred
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.