Job description / Role
Line of Service
Job Description & Summary
At PwC, we measure success by our ability to create the value that our clients and our people are looking for. Our reputation lies in building lasting relationships with our clients and a focus on delivering value in all we do. We're a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 208,000 people who are committed to delivering world-class capabilities and quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
Established in the region for 40 years, PwC Middle East employs over 4,000 people across 12 countries: Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Complementing our depth of industry expertise and breadth of skills is our sound knowledge of local business environments across the Middle East region. Our tailored solutions help our clients meet the challenges and opportunities of doing business in the Middle East market and beyond.
In Consulting, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the best across industry and professional functional advisory services. We focus on helping solve client problems by offering both strategic and operational deep industry expertise. We pride ourselves on building long-lasting relationships with companies and organizations, always ensuring that we are able to bring the best insights and solutions to help them tackle whatever critical issues they may face. Our Consulting practice currently focuses on several core industry sectors including Consumer and Industrial Products & Services, Energy, Utilities & Mining, Financial Services, Government, Health Industries, Finance Function, People and Organisations and Technology.
PwC's Business Service Transformation team (BST) works with clients from all industries to help achieving operational excellence through designing robust target operating model, back-office/front office process standardisation & optimization, setting up SSCs (Shared Service Centres), and delivering value through outsourcing transactions.
The current economic scenario in the region is forcing government organisations and private sector companies to optimise operational cost and improve service delivery. One of the option which is currently being considered, is to set up SSC to consolidate and rationalise back-office operations. In addition to this, various companies are considering to outsource their non-core processes/activities with improved focus on some core functions like product development, tax, research & development, etc.
- Lead end-to-end BST related engagements focused on evaluating current state, identifying opportunities and creating holistic operational transformation business cases.
- You will have a number of responsibilities, including delivering outstanding client results, managing project teams composed of internal and client staff, facilitating client meetings to design and implement recommendations, participating in business development activities, and writing proposals.
- You will operate at a Manager level and be capable of providing high quality advice and experience to our clients in our specialisation areas, while working as part of a project delivery team.
- Developing yourself personally, taking a keen interest in trends within BST and their impact on our clients so you can help shape their thinking and our success in the market.
- Write and present winning proposals to support our clients in the GCC on Share Services and Outsourcing strategy through execution.
- Managing teams of consultants to collect data, interview stakeholders, develop an understanding of the client situation, identify best practices to be adapted to the client situation, and develop working hypotheses to be turned into recommendations and implementation roadmaps after rigorous analysis.
- You will undertake client delivery work in the GCC and support the development of new propositions to help our client introduce strategic cases in the most efficient, effective, and innovative manner.
- Working with colleagues in all Middle Eastern offices on client work and internal initiatives as well as with international teams where appropriate.
- Working to mentor and train other members of the business unit and the project team in order to foster a high performance team environment.
- Whilst working in the Business Service Transformation Consulting team you will develop your understanding of the key themes in the market and in the region. You will work collaboratively with other experts to shape the future of our clients and to bring about positive change. You will have access to all of the latest training and development tools and the support of the wider PwC network.
- The candidate will be achievement oriented with the ability to be flexible and adaptive on a daily basis. They will be able to work independently and as part of a team with a fast pace and a high energy that will translate into a high quality output.
- Education: Master's degree or equivalent in relevant subject areas such as Business Management, Economics, etc.
- In-depth understanding of how to manage Shared Service Centre design and implementation in the Middle East and worldwide. This will include, conducting SSC assessment, business case, SSC strategy & target operating model, SSC organisation structure design, SSC governance structure, SSC process & SLAs design, etc.
- Experience in managing outsourcing transactions including outsourcing vendor due-diligence and selection, managing transition, and go-live/post go-live support
- Experience in managing operational excellence and transformation initiatives
- Demonstrated experience of advising clients on managing provider relationships and helping to turn around failing sourcing relationships and projects.
- A strong interest in advising clients on their sourcing strategies including building their vision and business case for a shared service centre and its integration.
- Knowledge of how best to integrate business functions such as HR, Finance, IT, Resources, Facilities, Procurement and Marketing in order to make a single organisation that can contribute to sustainable change and productivity gains.
- Strong interest and passion for creating lasting improvements and value for the clients that we serve.
- Excellent organisational skills, having the ability to prioritise work load whilst being resilient and being able to cope well under pressure and meeting tight deadlines.
- Proven IT skills in the following programmes: MS Office suits.
- Language Skills: Excellent communication skills (verbal and written). Fluent in English but multilingual Arabic speaker preferable.
- The ability and willingness to travel within the Middle East.
Minimum years experience required
- Years of Experience: 10-13 years of relevant experience working with clients to improve their shared service and outsourcing capabilities preferably within a professional services environment.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.