Job description / Role
Content Specialist - Laboxatory
Laboxatory Learning Solutions is a startup under Krypto Labs. Krypto Labs is a fully integrated innovation hub providing custom business incubation and acceleration programs, corporate innovation, seed funding for start-ups, and a state-of-the-art co-working space. Krypto Labs is a strategic partner with Silicon Valley-based 500 Startups.
As a part of Krypto Labs ecosystem, Laboxatory aims to build a generation of science enthusiasts by teaching STEM experientially. Laboxatorys learning system focuses on teaching space science experientially where every concept of science and math is reinforced by hands-on experiences.
The Content Specialist is responsible to provide training to Laboxatory teachers, to become a brand evangelist, as well as a content and product expert. Serving as a subject matter expert in technical training and pedagogy, teaching specialists facilitate regular training events, Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings with teachers, and other supports to ensure teacher and learner success. Teaching Specialists should also have experience creating teacher resources and be comfortable with presenting to an audience of students and parents. The Teaching Specialist may have to publicly present at events such as Laboxatory camps, afterschool activities as well as conferences. Success is measured by the level of confidence and preparation teachers feel they have to facilitate learning in the classroom and the degree to which these efforts affect learning and academic results by the students.
- Foster a collaborative culture of open communication, shared ideas and problem solving to enhance teachers experience facilitating Laboxatory curriculum and students experience learning through it.
- Responsibly follow and implement instructions given by Content Leads.
- Build strong relationships with teachers and administrators, anticipating needs and providing ongoing support for Laboxatory.
- Ensure Laboxatory teachers and administrators receive timely information and are working toward clear goals and action plans in order to proactively manage and improve their teaching experiences.
- Support teacher training events such as Professional Learning Communities, teacher meetings, conferences, and other events.
- Support the review, planning and delivery of uploaded content and experiential learning.
- Facilitate and support the collection and analysis of student and teacher data using a variety of tools to collect and analyze information (i.e. diagnostic testing, surveys, etc).
- Collect, analyze, and report on data, giving written and verbal context to the information, enabling opportunities to enhance educational strategy, content and product features.
- Analyze and regularly report insights, observations and ideas to enable innovative strategic planning and decision making for future education needs related to the school, classroom, teacher and students.
- Boost teacher confidence and competence to adopt Laboxatorys mode of teaching effectively as a result of training, day to day support & PLC support.
- Identify and measure quality of teachers ability to interpret and act on data and system analytics.
- Ensure quality of overall customer service provided to school administrators, teachers, students, and parents as applicable to Laboxatorys goals.
- Advanced degree related to Education in a core subject area (ex. Digital Education, English, Math, Science, or Arabic).
- 2+ years teaching experience in K-12 environment.
- Strong knowledge and usage of educational technology tools in the classroom.
- Previous experience leading PLCs is ideal.
- 1+ years leading teachers in development/instruction of curriculum.
- Strong knowledge of instructional strategies, curriculum standards and assessments.
- Experience implementing, using and training on EdTech tools.
- Advanced understanding of current emerging practices related to subject area (Arabic, English, Math, and Science).
- Expertise in 21st Century Learning Concepts and emerging pedagogies.
- Change Agent; ability to work with senior staff to communicate a clear vision of goals and targeted achievements.
- Relationship Builder; ability to quickly establish credibility, influence and trust with other team members in order to better drive results.
- Deadline oriented; ability to articulate priorities and revise plans to meet tight deadlines.
- Fluently bilingual (English / Arabic).
About the Company
Algorythma is a first-rate end-to-end technology service company, Algorythma creates impactful products backed with experience from leading corporations and institutions across the globe.
Our team is passionate, highly skilled and specialized when it comes to creating technologies that deliver turnkey solutions and lead corporations through elevating change on a large scale. It's worth mentioning that, the team is driven by the desire to build exceptional products. We are committed to building market leaders in industries we operate, and we continue to evolve our technology and business models to deliver value to our eco-system.
At Algorythma, technology is at the heart of all that we do. From identifying issues that impact lives, to supporting experts in creating solutions, we focus on building products and teams that transform industries and the boundaries of business with technology.